Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Two year contract lies

Frequent Visitor

Two year contract lies

Back in 2016 I was updating my service after my initial 2 years were complete and was provided a package for renewal based upon a 2  year agreement. This initial promised packaged was a complete lie and was instead provided less services at a higher cost. Called back several times to fix the problem and not until I was ready to stop all services was my original quote honored. Before agreeing I requested several times to have the CS rep verbally confirm that the price was set for the entire 2 years and was promised the price would not change. Fast forward 12 months and my bill goes up $50/month. I have called numerous times to CS and the retention team without help. I was basically told they would not honor the original request and that they did not have those same offers any longer. So now I am stuck with paying over $200/month. How is this possible that they can blatently lie to a customer? Need to find an alternative or a solution to this high payment.

New Poster

Re: Two year contract lies

Do you have anything in writing from them confirming that you have a two year agreement effective on the renewal date ?  If such a (written) agreement exists, they need to honor their end of it; if it doesn't, then you can walk at any time.

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately I have the contract. However what they offered is not what is being honored. I actually requested that they pull up the recorded conversation and was told it wouldn’t matter. Neighbor went through the same thing, even though he proved it through the recording they would not honor it. Even if they did say it they were not going to honor it. I guess this is a common practice for Comcast. I think someone like the FCC needs to be contacted if true. Blatant lies. 

Official Employee

Hello MSU_Matt. I review the details of your term agreement with you, and also look for newer offers that may offer a better rate. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation