Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Tech Visit Charge

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Tech Visit Charge

After two months of my additional set top box not working/pausing/erroring constantly and not able to use my TV, I contacted customer service and had spent nearly hour on the phone with them trying to fix the issue through various signals, etc.  Unfortunately none of them worked, so the customer service agent said there would need to be a service agent sent to my house to look at and fix the issue.  After the tech missed the initial appointment because the original customer service member provided them with a wrong phone number for me, we rescheduled and they came out.  I recieved a credit for their error in the phone number & them missing the appointment after I had taken the afternoon off work.  

When they came, the service tech checked all of my equipment and replaced the box due to the issues with it.  He was courteous and efficient and then left.  When I recieved this month's bill, there was a $40 charge for the in-home service tech that Comcast said needed to occur to fix due to the failure with their box.  They never notified me when I initially was on the phone and they put in the request nor when the tech was there.  Was this supposed to happen?  Is there a place where they specify where/when you ARE charged?  Comcast initiated the tech visit and it was a failure on their end.... why do I have to pay for their mistakes?  I've seen the Comcast guarentee page, but it is generic in what it specifies...

Accepted Solution

Re: Tech Visit Charge

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

For those visiting this post, Shane was able to credit my account because the issue was on Comcast's end after he researched and not mine when they replaced the box.  I appreciate his help!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation