Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Sports Entertainment Package added to my account without authorization or request to add?

Frequent Visitor

Sports Entertainment Package added to my account without authorization or request to add?

I would simply want to know that why, with my last annual renewal was the Sports Entertainment Package added to my account which I understand is $4.99? I never requested this nor even inquired about it. If a customer service representative could please research this for me,it would be immensely appreciated. 

Official Employee

Re: Sports Entertainment Package added to my account without authorization or request to add?

Hi, Mark326 - I don't see any charges for Sports Entertainment Package. Where do you see this charge?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sports Entertainment Package added to my account without authorization or request to add?

Its been added right in the description of my current package which it never was prior to my July to August increase in my TV service.

Additionally, I was learned that there would should be no charge for HD with my upgrades to X1, being as I don’t have the DVR included, yet there is a separate additional charge that was added and was also advised that my rate at that time, just in the last year, was going to be good for “2” years, yet my charges increased by $32. To be honest, I’m so completely exhausted by calling about billing promises being changed or changed, without our authorization, I simply just gave up on calling about these last errors at least until I do have the time and energy to call and wait weeks before I’m able to receive any assistance with the problems made, not to mention I have only received internet speeds over 100mb under my Blast program which I am supposed to be receiving speeds of 150mb on for approximately 2 months over the last year and yes that is with my highly rated Arris SB6190 cable modem connected directly to my computer via Ethernet. I’m sure by now you’re beginning to get a feeling for why I am so frustrated with the billing and other issues on my account.

Thank you for the time spent to respond to my posting.
Official Employee

@Mark326 - If you would like to discuss billing charges - please send me your name, address, and a phone number in a private message. 

The Blast Speed in your area is 200 Mbps download. If you get only 100 Mbps - I can troubleshoot and see what is causing an issue. Please do a speed test on speedtest.xfinity.com, so I will be able to see results. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Blast Speed is actually up to 200Mb in my area, which makes the matter that much worse paying for the speed and getting less than half that for the better part of the last year. I will reply to you in a PM, as soon as I have an opportunity to discuss what’s now turned into “several” issues with our account.
Official Employee

@Mark326 - As of now, I don't see any issues with the RF signals and I see we send more traffic than 200 Mbps. Please do a speed test and send a private message when you will be ready. Happy Thanksgiving

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastElla,

Could you please tell me what, if anything, did you do with our account, as I received an email the day after I last replied to your message below advising me that “Your Service Changes are confirmed.”, when we or I “never” requested any change to our service but only an explanation as to why the terminology “Sports Entertainment” was included in our latest billing when (again) no one ever requested any Sports Entertainment anything to be added to our account?

If you would kindly please look into and tell me what changes are Comcast talking about in the email Comcast forwarded to my Comcast email advising me of these changes, it would be immensely appreciated?

Also, I never received a response to the last reply I sent to you, nor did you address why we are barely getting internet speeds of 100Mb, when we have the Blast 200Mb Plan.

Thank you

Mark
Official Employee

Hello @Mark326.  I am following up on behalf of my colleague, ComcastElla. I can review your account for any work orders or changes that have been made or pending. I'll also help with troubleshooting your internet speed issues. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation