Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Services changed without my consent

Frequent Visitor

Services changed without my consent

I signed up for 1 year of 75mbps Blast Internet/Basic Cable on May 27th 2017 for about $60 total/month after taxes (Please look at my first bill) and every rep I call (about 6 calls and one stop in person) keeps telling me that I changed my services to internet only on August 1st when that never happened. Then the next rep I called October 5th throws me into a $150 cancellation fee contract without my consent starting in October? I should only be set through May.

- My speed is still drastically lower than promised for a year on May 27th, 2017 (25mbps vs 75mbps)

- I don't see a re-imbursement for my overcharged bill last month when I was told I would be weeks ago

Please help. I have plenty of proof for what I signed up for with past bills, operator ID's, actual emails from comcast outlining my 12 month blast promotion, etc. Everyone just says I'll submit a ticket and nothing ever happens. If it's not resolved soon I'm just going to switch to AT&T.

Official Employee

Re: Services changed without my consent

Hello bryangottschalk. I have responded to your duplicate post about this issue, located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Contract-Without-Content/m-p/2979109#M103961

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It took a long time to receive a reply so I was concerned that I was overlooked. I will message you my details later so we can hopefully resolve this. Thank you.

Official Employee

Thank you, we look forward to assisting. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have sent you my account info in a private message.

Frequent Visitor

My incorrect bill is due tomorrow and I still haven't received a reply from anyone.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting for a reply!

Regular Contributor

Hello Brian,

I have just replied on behalf of ComcastJoeTru. Please check your private messages for further correspondence. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I replied. One form of communication isn't enough to receive timely replies from Comcast so I'm doing what I have to do!
Frequent Visitor

Here's a 2 month old screencap from Comcast (yes been dealing with this issue for 2 months) outlining my original plan then telling me my service was changed when I never did anything? I simply want my original plan I signed up for on May 27th, not the one you forced on me without my consent on August 1st.

comcast.png

Regular Contributor

I truly do apologize but I am limited to the promotions that the current database allows me to use. The one you previously had has expired from our access.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I see that some changes were made to our account I think reverting us back to our original package. Great.

Can you please remove this Internet Plus agreement we never agreed/signed on October 4th? This isn't our package. We don't intend to pay the undisclosed cancellation fees that are irrelevant to our original internet+basic cable package from May 27th 2017 - May 27th 2018. This agreement shouldn't exist.

incorrect agreement.png

Official Employee

Hello, 

I've replied to your private message in regard to your billing concerns. Please review it and let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Why should I be punished for your mistakes in changing my account? You can't just extend my cancellation fee date?

We signed up on May 27th, 2017 for a 1 year contract so there should not be any cancellation fees beyond May 27th, 2018. We never wanted anything changed from our original plan. You can't just force fees on customers without their consent and expect that to be ok with them! Please listen to your agent's recording from October where he tells me there would be no cancellation fees associated with our reverted plan. Thanks!

Official Employee

Hello,

I've replied to your private message. At this time I was able to verify you did accept the link for the new package in October. Since you are disputing this further, I've contacted my executive team so they can research further. This will include locating and pulling any calls that are available to this new package. Please provide your best contact phone number and email address through private message as they will need to speak with you directly. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation