Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Service Specifics

New Poster

Service Specifics

We have been enjoying Xfinity's 200 mbps+ down / ~25 mbps up service for the last year. Recently, our 1 year promotional price expired and we called to see if we could work to lower our bill.

The agent offered to keep our internet speeds at the 200 mbps+ download tier and offered HBOGo access for 69.99. We said thank you and accepted the offer.

We then got an email noting that we could be charged two one-time fees:

CDV/HSI Sik PRIO $30.00

Video Self Install Kit $14.99

We were not told of these charges. While reading the forums, we noticed that these are various self install kits that we do not need. We already have our own modem, and we do not need a cable box to access HBOGo.

1) We have called customer service as well as tried the online live customer support to try and remove these two charges and ask to NOT receive any new hardward that we do not want or need. But unfortunately due to communication issues with the other side, we've been given mixed messages varying from "either accept these charges or we can cancel the order" to "you do not have to worry about these charges." Neither of the answers are assuring.

2) After interacting with online live customer support yesterday, our modem was restarted remotely (we were not told it would, nor did we ask for it to be) and our internet speeds are now down to ~50 mbps down / 5 mbps up. This is not the tier we used to have, nor is it the tier we were promised. However, we can find no indication on our bill as to what specific tier we are now signed up for, and customer support could not give us a clear answer. When we asked what our internet tier was, we got no clear reply.

I would like to clear up and remove the unnecessary one time charges, ensure we do not receive any unnecessary and unwanted hardware, and would like to find a way to verify the internet speed tier we are currently signed up for. How can I solve these issues, as phone calls and online live chat have been disappointingly insufficient.

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Service Specifics

Hello Internet1. We apologize about any miscommunication with your previous experiences. I can assist with reviewing your account for the package and speed tier you have as well as review the one-time fees you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation