Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Repeatedly-promised fix to billing never happens

ANSWERED
Contributor

Repeatedly-promised fix to billing never happens

My new package took effect 8/7/17.  It is supposed to be $39.99 base charge per month with a one-year contract, calculated as $44.99 less $5 discount for Ecobill+Autopay.

I have had both Ecobill and Autopay for years now, but so far all bills for the new plan still show my base as $44.99 instead of $39.99.  So I have to call every month (some months MORE than once) and get a manual $5 credit added.  I can't get this fixed, even though a Supervisor once assured me -- incorrectly as it turns out -- that my 9/27/17 bill would be the correct $39.99 base.  On 9/29/17 phone CSR Geraldo said that my account should definitely be reflecting the discount as it was more than 45 days since the plan began.  He gave me the latest $5 manual credit, and assured me that a correction would be made to my account going forward.  But I just checked Manage My Account, and it STILL shows my base as $44.99 instead of $39.99.

I don't understand what is so difficult here.  It is ridiculous that I should have to waste my time calling EVERY MONTH to get a manual $5 credit.  How can I get this FIXED?  Calling and chatting just keeps leading me to repeated assurances that inevitably turn out to be unfulfilled.  Tonight I chatted with a CSR who said I should call Customer Solutions.  Been there, done that in the past -- with no results -- so I thought I would try an alternate route and post here instead of making yet ANOTHER ultimately time-wasting call.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Repeatedly-promised fix to bill never happens

Hi, @Rick441! Checked your account, I see the last payment was processed via autopay. We still have to wait for 45 days to see if the EcoBill discount applies. I sent you details in a private message. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi, Rick441 - Your agreement has not been E-signed by you. It could cause issues with the EcoBill discount. Please follow this link  http://www.xfinity.com/eloa/English/agreement and accept Terms and Conditions. Please let me know when you finish. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, Rick441 - Your agreement has not been E-signed by you. It could cause issues with the EcoBill discount. Please follow this link  http://www.xfinity.com/eloa/English/agreement and accept Terms and Conditions. Please let me know when you finish. 

Thanks, ComcastElla.  But when I came to the actual agreement terms page, it had both an Offer A Agreement Summary, and an Offer B Agreement Summary.  Offer B was the correct $44.99/month base with Ecobill+Autopay, while Offer A was $54.99 base with Ecobill+Autopay.  So I ticked "Accept Agreement Terms" for Offer B, and didn't tick either Agree or Decline for Agreement A.  After submittng, I got this error message:

"We're sorry, based upon your response, you did not complete the required verification process. The following field(s) were not completed. Please correct and re-submit this form.

Offer A: Accept or Decline Agreement Terms

Your service package cannot be processed without the completion of this verification."

I was afraid of saying "Decline" to anything, especially since both BOTH offers said, "The following are the terms & conditions of the minimum term agreement which apply to the offer you have selected (italics mine)" and I was wary of possibly causing further problems.  So I just closed the agreement without finishing.  BTW, on 8-7-17 I agreed verbally to the $39.99/month (with Ecobill+Autopay) terms with Sean (sp?) in Customer Solutions.

Please advise.  Thanks.

Official Employee

@Rick441 - Don't be afraid to decline the Offer A and approve the Offer B. Also, the AutoPay feature is currently turned off, did you try it for troubleshooting purposes? Please turn it back on, the $5 discount should be added within 45 days. If you won't get it - I will apply it manually. We will also try to reapply this package to your account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

@Rick441 - Don't be afraid to decline the Offer A and approve the Offer B. Also, the AutoPay feature is currently turned off, did you try it for troubleshooting purposes? Please turn it back on, the $5 discount should be added within 45 days. If you won't get it - I will apply it manually. We will also try to reapply this package to your account.

Thanks ComcastElla.  I went ahead and declined Offer A and accepted Offer B.

*BUT*... either you made a mistake or something very strange is going on.  I never turned off AutoPay (or EcoBill).  In fact, that is something I would have scrupulously *avoided* doing given the "up to 45 days for discount to take effect" statement I have heard multiple times (not to mention the fact that I *prefer* AutoPay and EcoBill and have used them for several years).  See screenshots.  Indeed, all of the CSR's I have spoken to assured me that they do show Autopay (and Ecobill) on.    On 9/29/17 Geraldo in Billing verified that Autopay and EcoBill had both been active since my new plan began on 8/7/17, and that since this was now more than 45 days he would add a manual credit and send a note internally to ensure that the $5 discount was added to my account going forward.  But as I said originally, Manage My Account still does not reflect the $5 discount, suggesting my upcoming bill will again be $5 too high.

Your odd comment about seeing AutoPay off makes me concerned that the e-acceptance won't solve anything.  Hopefully you just made a mistake; otherwise perhaps something is *really* messed up on my account.  RegardIess, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT *ANOTHER* 45 DAYS when I have been doing everything I was told to do!  That is the whole reason I posted in the first place, to finally get this RESOLVED so I don't need to make ANY more calls (or posts) to correct the $5 overcharge.  At this point, this is something Comcast should finally fix, NOW, no more "waiting to see."  Thanks.

Autopay 1.JPG
Autopay2.JPG
Official Employee

@Rick441 - I fully understand your concern and I agree you should not call us every month to get a $5 discount that should automatically reflect on your account. When I pulled up your account today, it did show the autopay feature is off. I double-checked your account couple minutes ago, and I see the autopay feature is on, and I can finally see the upcoming payment as well. Yes, it could be a bug, this happens. Just to clarify, the bug with my system, not with your account. 

I'm trying to help you as much as I can. You already spoke with several agents but unfortunately, the issue is not resolved. I'm looking for any possible cause of your issue because the $5 EcoBill discount is not something that we can add manually to your account. This process changed several months ago and now the system adds it automatically. This is the reason why we cannot tell if the issue is resolved or not. 

I offered you my help, here on forums. You don't have to call anywhere, you can send me a message at the convenient time for you. We have to wait until the next billing cycle to see if the $5 discount applies because you already received an adjustment for this month. 

As I mentioned before, I understand your point completely. But I don't want to tell you "it's fixed" when I'm not 100% sure about it. Let's wait until the next billing cycle, I see that you accepted the new agreement and declined the old one. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

OK, understood, and be assured I really do appreciate your efforts.  At least now if the problem continues I have someone to contact without having to repeat the whole backstory (which is doubly beneficial given that with some CSR's it has taken me a lot of explaining and repeating to even get them to understand the issue).

Just to double check, when you say, "we have to wait until the next billing cycle to see if the $5 discount applies," does "next billing cycle" refer to my next bill (10-27-17)?  And if it isn't resolved then, should I just re-post to this thread?

Just as an fyi, when I first posted I was thinking of an issue I had a couple years ago where my internet charges inexplicably went up $5.00, despite the fact that I was only four months into a one-year Internet Plus contract.  The person I spoke to back then remedied it promptly by adding a $5 recurring monthly credit to my account.  I was hoping there might be a similar resolution here, but I guess that wasn't really the same kind of issue.

Thanks again,

Rick

Official Employee

@Rick441 - We have everything documented here in this post, so no worries I won't ask you what the problem is. I don't think the system updates by 10/27 but I will reach you back here on 10/29 to check. 

We used to be able to add this discount manually but the process changed. 

I'm here to help, so don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi, @Rick441! Checked your account, I see the last payment was processed via autopay. We still have to wait for 45 days to see if the EcoBill discount applies. I sent you details in a private message. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Thanks!  Saw and replied to your PM.

Contributor

Comacast Ella -

Just got my November 27 bill, and it now says $39.99 as my monthly base charge instead of $44.99.

Thanks so much for your help in solving this!  Your continued followup was awesome.

Rick

Official Employee

@Rick441 - Hooray! I'm happy to hear that! I actually had a reminder to follow up on December 3rd but I greatly appreciate your update. Do you have any other any questions or issues? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Nope, everything's good!

Just as an fyi, I checked "Manage My Account" late last night, and instead of my base charge going down by $5, it had gone UP by roughly $30!  I figured that this was probably just a temporary thing related to some latenight system updating, etc., and was going to wait for your monthly followup (which, as you said, was on your calendar to occur a few days from now).  But then my "bill is ready" email alert came today, and it had the FULLY corrected amount.

Thanks again for your help.

Rick

Official Employee

@Rick441 - That sounds weird since there are no changes to the package or promotions but I guess it was a glitch. Online balance usually takes time to update. But I'm glad to hear that EcoBill issue is resolved. In case if you get any questions - you know how to reach me and my team. Have a wonderful evening Smiley Happy 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation