Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Regional Sports Fee Shadow Bill Increase

Regular Visitor

Regional Sports Fee Shadow Bill Increase

My bill has increased by $5 that was not factored into the original contract rate. Comcast has increased my bill for their normal operational costs. This shadow increase is not a government enforced regulation so the cost being passed onto me is normal business expense. This expense should only be conveyed to me in my next contract renewal. Comcast has breached the terms of my contract because they have violated our mutual agreement with their shady business tactic.

I do not appreciate being shadow forced into supporting sports, especially those that are encouraging boys and men to give each other brain damage.

What recourse do I have against comcast's unilateral changes to my bill and contract?
Regular Visitor

Re: Regional Sports Fee Shadow Bill Increase

Could the issues here be addressed please?
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Still waiting to hear what my options for recourse are. Small claims court?
Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Hello Dunrambai. We're sorry you feel that way. 

As you may or may not have heard, the Regional Sports Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of broadcasting multiple regional sports networks to our standard video services. The fee applies to XFINITY TV customers receiving Digital Starter and above, as well as Starter Latino TV/XFINITY TV 450 Latino service tier.

This is from section 4 of your current Minimum-Term Agreement:

• 4). The customer receiving this Offer named above ("you" or "your") will receive the Services under the Offer for the first 24 MONTHS from the date the Service is activated / installed, at the price specified above. Equipment, installation, taxes and fees, including  Broadcast TV Fee, and if Comcast Digital Voice is included, the Regulatory Recovery Fee and other applicable charges (e.g. per-call or International charges) extra, such charges and fees subject to change during and after the term of this Agreement.  AFTER THE 24 MONTH PERIOD, COMCAST’S THEN CURRENT APPLICABLE CHARGES WILL APPLY. You agree to maintain the Service for 24 MONTHS with your account in good standing. Comcast is not responsible for lost or misdirected agreements.

Your current agreement is specifically for your service bundle. All Equipment, taxes, and fees are excluded from this agreement price. 

Please let us know if you need assistance locating your agreement in your My Account section of our web portal. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation