Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Recurring charges to my bill

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Recurring charges to my bill

What does one have to do to stop being overcharged on my bill? Time and time and time again, I'm being charged for internet/voice equipment rental. Time and time again, I have either called or used chat to dispute the charges. I have never had voice service or equipment with Xfinity. I have always purchased my own modem/router. So again I ask, "what do I have to do to have the charges removed and not charged for them again"?

Accepted Solution

Re: Recurring charges to my bill

20170923_120138.jpg

Picture as requested. I also tried to send a private message, but only the words "private messages" appeared and no box to actually enter text. That's neither here nor there. I went to my local office about the issue, since chats and calls hadn't solved the issue. I was informed that it had been flagged and solved and solved and I should receive a credit on my next bill. When I expressed my doubts, since I received credits only to be charged again on the same bill, I was told I should pay my bill as soon as I get it to avoid any confusion. Condesending much? Wouldn't we all just love to be independently wealthy enough to be able to pay all our bills as soon as we receive them. Anyway, upon receiving my bill this time, I did see that I was not charged again. However, the credit I received was not the $10 I was charged but, $9.03, because "On your last bill you were billed in advance for services between Aug 25 to Sep 24. We've applied a credit of -$9.03 as a result of your changes on Aug 28". Now I realize that it's only 97cents, but it's the principle of the thing. There were no changes, as I have always owned my own modem. Ever since I downgraded my TV/internet package, I have had to check nearly every single bill since for charges that should not be there. I move to another city in 3 months, my hope is I have viable alternate means of receiving TV and internet from another company.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hey bk2431,

I can help review the charges for your modem. I'd first need to do an equipment research ticket to confirm that you do own this modem. Is there any way you could post a pic of a receipt here is you still have it. By doing so I can provide this to my equipment research team to assist with the investigation.

I will also need you to verify your account information through private message to protect your privacy. To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastChe", then click on private message me. In the body of your message please verify the account holder's first and last name, the street address, and phone number, or the full account number associated with your services. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

20170923_120138.jpg

Picture as requested. I also tried to send a private message, but only the words "private messages" appeared and no box to actually enter text. That's neither here nor there. I went to my local office about the issue, since chats and calls hadn't solved the issue. I was informed that it had been flagged and solved and solved and I should receive a credit on my next bill. When I expressed my doubts, since I received credits only to be charged again on the same bill, I was told I should pay my bill as soon as I get it to avoid any confusion. Condesending much? Wouldn't we all just love to be independently wealthy enough to be able to pay all our bills as soon as we receive them. Anyway, upon receiving my bill this time, I did see that I was not charged again. However, the credit I received was not the $10 I was charged but, $9.03, because "On your last bill you were billed in advance for services between Aug 25 to Sep 24. We've applied a credit of -$9.03 as a result of your changes on Aug 28". Now I realize that it's only 97cents, but it's the principle of the thing. There were no changes, as I have always owned my own modem. Ever since I downgraded my TV/internet package, I have had to check nearly every single bill since for charges that should not be there. I move to another city in 3 months, my hope is I have viable alternate means of receiving TV and internet from another company.

Official Employee

Hello bk2431. Glad to hear your local Comcast Store was able to get your modem situation resolved. We apologize for that inconvenience, 

Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Apparently the concepts of sarcasm, frustration and dissatisfaction were lost in translation.

Regular Contributor

Hello bk2431,

I apologize for any frustration this situation has caused you. On our end it shows that your request has been completed. If you do need help with anything else please feel free to post or message for assistance. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation