Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Reconnection Fee Rip Off

New Poster

Reconnection Fee Rip Off

I called Monday to see what I needed to do to get my service turned back on. The initial agent advised me to pay my past due and service would start. I said ok I'll make that payment Friday! I have called several times this week to ensure that's what I had to do. Each agent said the same thing, pay past due amount! Here it is Saturday and I'm calling to see why service isn't connected and a agent now tells me that I have to Pay 100.00 deposit. Why was I was never told about this additional 100.00! What happened to my initial "deposit?" This is bad business! It's not like you all send a TECHNICIAN to come out and make any connections. All you all do is send A SIGNAL to my devices and turn everything back on within minutes!!!! Had I known this would happen I would've just switched to another company!!!!!!
Official Employee

Re: Reconnection Fee Rip Off

Hi HannahXfi,

When an account is disconnected, there are different reasons why you would be required to pay a deposit. A few of those being, payment history, or if the customer has had a non-pay work order completed in the last six months (services disconnected due to non pay). When or if that customer wants to restart, there would be a deposit required. They would also need to have good payment history to make any upgrades to equipment or additional services for 6 months. Once an account is disconnected for non-pay, the deposit paid is lost. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation