Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Promotions for existing customers

Frequent Visitor

I agree, Comcast doesn't really offer any benefits for existing customers and it's frustrating. I've been with them for pretty much 10 years and finances have been super tight in recent years. I found I had to drop everything but internet. I've gotten a fair deal a couple times but they always end too soon and you never get notified that your current plan is ending, just one day your bill doubles. Those of us with strict budgets, have to do some serious scrambling to come up with the extra amount, if it's even possible. Then you go in and talk to them to get it reduced and all they want to do is bundle bundle bundle. My last plan was just internet for $40, still high in my opinion, but It was doable. After the year was up, it jumped to about $65. Which is just crazy for internet only, I don't care how blazing fast It is. There's just not enough reliable competition out there for Comcast and so they really sock It to their existing customers. Customer service tries to be helpful, but they can't get you anywhere near what you were your original budget allowed for. This last time, the only thing they could offer me was a internet and voice plan for about $52-54, depending on taxes (really! didn't have taxes with internet only). Still too much for internet only, if you ask me. I own my own modem and it doesn't have a phone jack, so basically I'm paying extra for something I can't even use, it's just ridiculous. Then comes the disclaimer, you'll be penalized if you terminate your new plan early (well isn't that just a kick in the pants when you're down)!
I just keep hoping that Utopia will come through or maybe something better will come along that is more consistent and you don't have to fight for every deal and discount that you can get.
Official Employee

Hello nineve66. 

We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. We have many satisfied customers paying the Everyday Price for our products and services.

I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation