Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: HELP!!!! Comcast sent my CLOSED account from 2 years ago to a Collections Agency (not yet)

New Poster

Re: HELP!!!! Comcast sent my CLOSED account from 2 years ago to a Collections Agency (not yet)

I haven't been sent to a Collection Agency but I am trying to be proactive about this

I have called Comcast several times about charges to my old personal account even though I am paying through my HOA for the condo I've owned and been living in for the last 1.5 years.   The 1st year I paid for my own Comcast internet (the association had a contract for our cable TV) and that was all I paid for since I had my own wifi modem.

Around March of this year our Association renegotiated our contract and from May 1, 2017 forward I no longer pay a separate fee for internet as Blast internet is now part of my HOA fee (and additional amount - not free!)

Comcast continued to bill me for 2 more months of internet and even though I called several times and was told I would be receiving a credit for those 2 months, I continue to receive intermittent invoices for odd amounts.  I've called my HOA who said they've resolved the issue, also 'Chatted' with and called Comcast and yet today I just received another invoice for $5.92.  After reviewing the current invoice it seems Comcast is charging me for an additional converter which I do not have.  I have never had 2 converters here and I haven't been billed for one until the last few months.  I am so tired of trying to resolve this issue.  I have never received the credit for my 2 months of overpayment and to add insult to injury, I am now being billed for supposedly old equipment - maybe.

Additionally Comcast had technicians re-install new equipment in May although I still have my personally owned modem and I still have one converter box.  I asked the technician if there was anything I needed to do - like return the old digital box - he said 'No'.  I need to craziness to stop.  I can't afford to waste time every month trying to resolve issues with Comcast which is why I never pursued the credit they (you?) owe me.  It wasn't worth it.  But now that I am being billed for non-existent equipment, I need an intervention with Comcast! 

Official Employee

Hello dhealy2201. I can assist with reviewing this account to investigate the equipment and charges/credits that exist. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation