Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Early termination fee when moving

New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem here and it is very frustrating . I moved to a new house i contacted Xfinity to get my account transferred over, they could not find the address however they confirmed that my adresss was serviceable but it was not coming out on the billing tool . They supposly opened a ticket to add the address to thier system and they were supposed to call me within 24 hrs .. I never heard back so I had to call to get an update. Unfortunately they update was that they did not know anything and they opened a second ticket . Without lying I had to call them more that 10 times and many hours on the phone to get 0 updates or results. Then I decided to to chat with a representative to have everything on writing , the agent apologized for the waste of time and confirmed once again that my new house was serviceable, that I did not have to cancel my services, and that I was not going to be charged at all. I was supposed to get my installation done on Saturday but never happened so I called again and the last agent find out that they don’t provide service in my area, that I had to cancel my contract and that I had to pay over $500 on ETF. This is bad business practice ... Lying to loyal customers and taking away thier options is not the way to run a honest business. Unfortunately Comcast don’t care and won’t take responsibility for their action. I lost too many hours on the phone, I lost money by not having internet for this long and a lot of aggravation.

Admin1

Hi Jc0011 -- I can help with your serviceability and billing issue. I reviewed your account and looks like you've gotten in touch with an agent from our Executive Customer Relations team. That agent is currently handling both issues and will stay in contact with you until a resolution is reached. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation