New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Questionable "Professional Installation" fee tacked on to bill

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Questionable "Professional Installation" fee tacked on to bill

Hello!

I recently signed up for the "Internet Plus" bundle. When I signed up, I choose the self-install using my own modem. However, I couldn't activate the service because the connection to my unit in my apartment building wasn't patched in (I suspect it had been moved or unplugged by a Comcast tech sometime in the past). The representative I spoke to while attempting to activate my service said she would need to dispatch a tech, but at no time explained that there would be any associated fees with the visit.

A Comcast tech visited the building, took a couple minutes to patch in the cable, and everything worked great.

I just received my bill and find a $50 "Professional Installation" fee tacked on. I find this fee questionable because 1) I think being allowed to sign up for a self install implies that the connectivity should already be in place and 2) I was never advised by the Comcast rep that an installation fee would be forthcoming, nor did I agree to any such charge. Combine that with how easy and quick the fix was, and I honestly don't feel like I should have been charged. While the technician was on-time and very polite, I certainly don't feel like I received any kind of specialized installation service.

I would appreciate if a Comcast rep could review this charge.

Thank you!

-erik

Accepted Solution

Re: Questionable "Professional Installation" fee tacked on to bill

Hello sanguine00,

I appreciated the information you provided to access your account. I have applied a credit to your account for the professional installation fee, which will be listed under the Other Charges and Credits section of your monthly bill within one to two statements. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

sanguine00 wrote:

Hello!

I recently signed up for the "Internet Plus" bundle. When I signed up, I choose the self-install using my own modem. However, I couldn't activate the service because the connection to my unit in my apartment building wasn't patched in (I suspect it had been moved or unplugged by a Comcast tech sometime in the past). The representative I spoke to while attempting to activate my service said she would need to dispatch a tech, but at no time explained that there would be any associated fees with the visit.

A Comcast tech visited the building, took a couple minutes to patch in the cable, and everything worked great.

I just received my bill and find a $50 "Professional Installation" fee tacked on. I find this fee questionable because 1) I think being allowed to sign up for a self install implies that the connectivity should already be in place and 2) I was never advised by the Comcast rep that an installation fee would be forthcoming, nor did I agree to any such charge. Combine that with how easy and quick the fix was, and I honestly don't feel like I should have been charged. While the technician was on-time and very polite, I certainly don't feel like I received any kind of specialized installation service.

Thank you!

-erik

FYI:   item 3 & item 7

"Additionally, we won't charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem."

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/comcast-customer-guarantee/

Frequent Visitor

dj280 wrote:

sanguine00 wrote:

Hello!

Thank you!

-erik

FYI:   item 3 & item 7

"Additionally, we won't charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem."

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/comcast-customer-guarantee/

Thank you for posting that, dj.  That language looks like it would bolster my case.  Hopefully Comcast agrees!

-erik

Problem Solver

Hello sanguine00,

I will be happy to assist you with your billing concerns. I am unable to retrieve your account information at this time. Please send me a private message with your account number and the full address where your Comcast services are being provided. I have provided the instructions on how to send a private message below. Once this information is received, I can review your account details and work towards quickly resolving any issues.

You can click on my name (ComcastSheoneka) and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

ComcastSheoneka wrote:

Hello sanguine00,

I will be happy to assist you with your billing concerns. I am unable to retrieve your account information at this time. Please send me a private message with your account number and the full address where your Comcast services are being provided. I have provided the instructions on how to send a private message below. Once this information is received, I can review your account details and work towards quickly resolving any issues.

You can click on my name (ComcastSheoneka) and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

PM Sent.  Thank you!

-erik

Problem Solver

Hello sanguine00,

I appreciated the information you provided to access your account. I have applied a credit to your account for the professional installation fee, which will be listed under the Other Charges and Credits section of your monthly bill within one to two statements. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

ComcastSheoneka wrote:

Hello sanguine00,

Thank you!

-erik

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation