Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem with Seasonal Special

Frequent Visitor

Problem with Seasonal Special

We had a double play beginning April 1.  On November 6, I called to enroll in the seasonal special (this is a beach condo).  I do this every year for about 8 years now.  I asked to cancel my internet (we don't use comcast email, which is the only reason to pay the monthly seasonal fee for internet when you don't when you don't actually get internet) and put the cable on the seasonal special.  The customer service rep I spoke with said she had to remove the bundle first and then cancel the internet and put the cable on seasonal.  What she didn't tell me is that by removing the bundle, I would go to "everyday pricing" for the 8 days prior to the seasonal special being applied.  These 8 days resulted in a $35.03 charge.  

I have spent over a 90 minutes either on the phone or online chat trying to get someone to refund the $35.03.  The customer service rep NEVER explained that this would result in the additional charges.  Had she told me that, I would have put both on seasonal and then cancelled the internet later!  

One customer service rep had no idea what was going on, so after 20 minutes, transferred me to customer solutions department where the rep "Shantell" basically told me 'OH WELL."   I understand this is a fairly small amount of money but it's the dealing with comcast that makes this so frustrating. No issue is ever resolved with one phone call.  Customer service reps are ill-trained and have poor attitutdes.  And, to top it off, every single time we go to our condo, we have to get on the phone with customer support because they've cut the signal to our cable.  EVERY. SINGLE. TIME..  So, no Comcast, you don't get to take my time and my money! 

Admin1

Re: Problem with Seasonal Special

Hi shghafir -- I reviewed your account to see what happened with this change of service. In review, the agent who helped you handled this properly and you were not charged $35.03 additional.

Your billing dates were running from 10/29-11/28. This change to cable only happened on 11/06. That means from you were charged your bundle rate from 10/29-11/05, and then seasonal rate for cable only from 11/06-11/28. You had already paid for services through 11/28 so your bill ended up prorating to reflect these changes. The prorate resulted in a credit balance that's currently on your account.

Where this was also handled properly is that you would be unable to cancel Internet while on seasonal. This means you'd have to pay seasonal rates for both cable and Internet until your seasonal period is over. By making this change the agent actually saved you money. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this or need anything else cleared up. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response and clarification.  However, if the billing was processed correctly why am I paying $76.65 for service 10/29-11/8 (10 days).  Because the bundle discounts were removed, there was an additional charge of $35.03.

Admin1

shghafir -- That information is not accurate. All billing changes were applied on 11/08. That means you received your bundle discount to 11/08. Then all billing was changed to seasonal rates. No additional charges were applied since you were receiving your bundle discount until seasonal rates were applied. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation