Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Please stop bothering me Comcast

Frequent Visitor

Please stop bothering me Comcast

It is sad to confirm that dealing with Comcast is 9 times out of 10 such a terrible experience, it hurts. Whatever record-keeping system they have on clients in this day of computer records has got to be truly attrocious, or the staffers who call you never take the time to apprise themselves of the history of the account they're talking to you about.

I just hung up out of frustration on a Comcast staff who would not let me talk, no matter how hard I tried to, and chose to interrupt me at every point just because all he wanted was a specific information - the same information I was trying to provide to him, albeit with a little more information for context. And this call came as a rehash of a 52min phone call I made to them yesterday on which I was assured after being passed from hand to hand that the matter was resolved and the necessary notes had been added to my account to forestall future resurgence of the problem at hand.

And what's the issue? They woke up suddenly last month and started billing me for a Comcast Voice equipment that I do not have.

But a little background first.

I hated the idea of my router embedded in my modem as it was on the Motorola one Comcast provided. In April 2015, I decided to get myself a modem that could handle voice and data without the routing functionality (I believe they'd just increased the rental from $8 to $10 per month at that time too), so I researched it extensively and bought one of the recommended modems on the Comcast list on their website that is voice/telephone enabled. I looked up the device in my account online a moment ago and from the attached, you can see it is still listed on their website as recommended for those who choose to own.

I called Comcast and after going through 3 people, the Arris TM822G was set up on their end (my end was fine) and internet and telephone worked. I returned the original Comcast internet/voice/router equipment to the office less than a mile from my place here.

Everything was fine until I noticed about a year later that they'd started billing me for Voice equipment again. I called and they dropped the charges.

Around June/July this year, I lost internet and phone for no explicable reason. Cable worked fine. I called again. They promised to send a technician. He came 3 days later, making me lose days of work online. Between him and someone on the phone line amidst a lot of back and forth, they reconnected my modem.

I suspect that it was at this time that a CREATIVE COMBINATION of modem identifying details was keyed into the system just to make it work (because it took them quite a while to re-enable it. It had worked perfectly fine for 2yrs prior to their servers breaking it this year).

When I log into my account online now, under "Internet & Voice" I see a voice and data modem (AR TM402G) with an "Unknown" connection status.

I also see in the same section (internet & voice) a second device identified as a "cable modem" (AR CM820A). This one says "connected" as its status, so this is clearly the modem they believe I am using (note I own and use the recommended AR TM822G). The reason why I mentioned "creative combination of modem identifying details" earlier is because the AR CM820A that I see as "connected" currently displays as its S/N the MTA-MAC address of my AR TM822G! That's probably where the confusion stems from on their end, but if they had taken the time to properly record their work on my account over the past months (or if someone had made the effort to read those notes, if they do exist), I would not be wasting precious minutes of my life trying to resolve a non-existent matter today.

Did they think they'd mystriously assigned me a telephony equipment that their records don't show? Don't they track and keep a record of the places their equipment are assigned? I have my receipt of the Motorola returned to their office in 2015. Shouldn't they have that record also? I repeatedly told them yesterday - send in a technician to come and take a look. Or let me video call you and show you the equipment I am using. Instead, they choose to hound me around with phone calls from impatient and rude staffers (not all, I admit).

The final most helpful lady I spoke with yesterday on Ref: ER043301449 was supposed to have resolved this matter. She emphatically assured me that the necessary details have been added to the account to forestall future issues. Please stop billing me for equipment I do not have in my possession. If in doubt, schedule a look-see appointment. I can make the time.

More importantly, please stop bothering me Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Please stop bothering me Comcast

Thank you for dropping the mistaken charges from my bill.

And kindly place a note on the account to ensure this does not happen again in another 6 months.

Regards.

Service Expert

master wrote:

Thank you for dropping the mistaken charges from my bill.

And kindly place a note on the account to ensure this does not happen again in another 6 months.

Regards.

Are you referring to someone specific on these Forums that helped you?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No. I got about an email an hour after my initial post that the charges had been reversed.

I'm thinking someone saw this and took the initiative.

If it was just a coincidence, all well and good. What matters is that the charges are no longer mine.

Hopefully, this is the end of the matter.

Service Expert

Hmmmm....no one from here would email you.  They would respond to you here directly and work with you via PM.

I hope your problem is solved but to be on the safe side you should probably call Billing to make sure the problem is taken care of.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Sigh.

So a new bill arrived today and this charges for equipment I don't have are on it again. I already spent an hour talking to Comcast about this. I already urged Comcast to send a rep to the house to come and see what's installed here. I was assured all had been resolved through Ref: ER043301449. Am I now supposed to start the process all over again?

Why are you guilty until found innocent whenever you deal with Comcast? And if these forums are not monitored by staff who can actually resolve issues, why do they exist? Or are they just a controlled space for frustrated customers to vent? Can someone PLEASE send Comcast to my house to come and confirm my equipment (I see there vehicles in the neighborhood all the time). It will only take a minute of their PRECIOUS time!

Official Employee

Hi master,

Unfortunately, we cannot send a tech to verify the equipment you currently have. What I can do is gather more information about the equipment you have, review the findings of ER043301449, and see how we can get this taken care of for you. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation