Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Package price increased by 50%!?!

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Package price increased by 50%!?!

Our package price increased by approx 50%.  Why does the price for existing customers increase so much with little to no options for price reduction without giving up services?  The customer satisfaction (ha!) team has been so condescending when I call to inquire about options, especially when i see much lower price packages being offered to new customers.  Is the value of existing customers so little to them?

Accepted Solution

Re: Package price increased by 50%!?!

Hi itnarciso76,

New customers are offered lower pricing as introductory rates for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After that, their promotional rates fall off as well as pricing will increase. I'd be more than happy to take a look at the offers available to you to see how we can lower your rate. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi itnarciso76,

New customers are offered lower pricing as introductory rates for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After that, their promotional rates fall off as well as pricing will increase. I'd be more than happy to take a look at the offers available to you to see how we can lower your rate. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I totally agree. My two year contract is up and I'd prefer to stay with comcast but my bill is now over 50% more than when I first signed up. Customers shouldn't be penalized for being loyal.
Regular Visitor

Me too. I wish these companies woudl be more transparent so that both customers and the companies dotn have to play thsi shell game.  CLearly spell up fron wat the cost is 1st year, 2nd year etc.   Cell phone companies seem to do this well.

I will pm comcastche to see if s/he can help/

Official Employee

Hi Me8930,

I can help review the offers available to you. Please verify your account information through private message.

Please send me a private message verifying the following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name, then click private message. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi vvjk,

I've replied to your first private message with details of the offer I have available. Please refrain from sending multiple private messages and multiple posts about the same issue as all of the moderators will have access to see them. Let me know how you would like to proceed with the new pricing. Thanks!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I sent a private message and am wondering if you received it.
Official Employee

Responded in public. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

ComcastChe,

I'm having the same issues as well. Trying to PM you but when I click on your name and select send message, it goes to a screen but no option to send message. I can view your profile and again select message and the same thing happens, no option to send message. What is your email address? Thank you.

@romebake05

Regular Visitor

ComcastShane,

I'm having the same issues as well. Trying to PM you but when I click on your name and select send message, it goes to a screen but no option to send message. I can view your profile and again select message and the same thing happens, no option to send message. What is your email address? Thank you.

@romebake05

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation