Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outages and service credits

Frequent Visitor

Outages and service credits

We have had a number of service outages over the last few months, usually for both Internet and Cable. They have lasted for hours (in one case, for days).

I have two complaints:

First, when we call, we are limited to listening to a recorded message that tells us that Comcast is working on the problem and provides an estimated time for restoration of service. The time estimate is clearly arbitrary, is never correct, and it usually gets updated with another arbitrary time when the first estimate has been proven wrong. In the past, I was able to get more specific information from a human representative, but that option is no longer available.

Second, we never get a service credit for these outages, even for the one that lasted 3 to 4 days. I suppose that I could call every time to request the service credit, but why is that necessary? Comcast is clearly aware of the service outage, as evidenced by its automated system's message to me when I call. The failure to provide a service credit just adds injury to injury. 

It's bad enough that there have recently been frequent service outages, but the inability to find out what's wrong and how long it will reasonably take to fix it and the failure to act in good faith by providing a service credit automatically make me very unhappy with Comcast. 

Official Employee

Re: Outages and service credits

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Official Employee

Hello ppuchot, I can address your service questions and concerns here. First I will need you to remove your last post due to it containing your personal information. Please send me this information in a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "private message me". 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Amir, I tried to send you a private  message, but when I click on your name and then click on "private message me", I am taken to a screen that does not provide me the ability to send a private message.

Also, please tell me how to delete my message. I don't see that option anywhere.

Official Employee

ppuchot wrote: Amir, I tried to send you a private  message, but when I click on your name and then click on "private message me", I am taken to a screen that does not provide me the ability to send a private message. Also, please tell me how to delete my message. I don't see that option anywhere.

Hello ppuchot, I responded to your private message please reach back out to me there. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation