Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

One year into a two year promotion - Comcast changed the contract terms

Contributor

One year into a two year promotion - Comcast changed the contract terms

First, *Sigh*

After 17 years as a Comcast customer, this is not surprising (it is the norm). You are paying an expected amount each month when suddenly, and without warning, you get a bill with an increase.

Here is the problem:

Last year I agreed to a 2-year promotion for a fixed rate. This was prepared via verbal communication (by phone) with guarantees that the price would remain the same for the entire duration. A few days ago, I went online to pay my bill (21 days early as I do each month) and saw a substantial increase. I waited for the online bill to generate, saw where the increases came from, and immediately contacted customer service. I was informed that in two areas of service, the promotions expired after 12 months. This was not what I agreed to. I would not have agreed to it especially with what I just had gone through that week. I desired price stability and thought I had received that.

I have no deal in writing (I never have in nearly two decades). However, since Comcast records all calls, I am requesting that someone go back, and listen to the deal I agreed to. In this conversation, you will find an agreement on my part to two years at the monthly price I was most recently paying (well, actually less, fee increases happened within the year). There was never any mention of a price increase on any service, halfway through.

I am unhappy about this - especially with all of the fees that have increased over the past year that one cannot negotiate nor reduce. I acquiesced in those instances (which there were quite a few of), but in this case, I am not paying for what I did not approve. Please call me so that we can rectify this error as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Re: One year into a two year promotion - Comcast changed the contract terms

I have a similar issue I posted. Please help this person too!

Contributor

So Comcast is going to choose to ignore this topic?

Update:

After last year's debacle where I was initially lied to regarding a renewed promotion, it appears that although I believed the situation was solved, it happened anyway. And I was lied to anyway.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Where-are-the-Double-Play-offers-for-existing-customer...

This method of practice is unacceptable.

I spoke with someone by phone earlier who reiterated the mistruth of my agreeing to a 2-year promotion that included two services which would expire in one year. The CS claimed I had been sent a summary of this agreement. I went into my email account (while on the phone with her) and asked for the date in which it was sent. The email does not exist. There is no possibility that I deleted it. It is the primary Comcast account address, and I delete no emails because of this fact (I have emails in this account dating back to 2009 - NOTHING gets removed). There was an email for two days prior, and the day after, but mysteriously, no emails from Comcast on the date I requested as proof. I asked for a copy of this supposed email, and my request was denied. Her explanation? They do not keep copies of correspondence sent.

How convenient.

Again, the answer is to go back to the date in question and play the recorded conversation in which I agreed to the 2-year promotion. It is effortless. Why Comcast takes this route with customers such as myself, who pay their balances in full, three weeks before their due date each month (check my payment records), for years, is disgusting. How difficult is it to honor an agreement? An agreement which, by the way, you never give a copy of in writing. Is Comcast this desperate for profits? But you expect me to accept it by paying. One-sidedness does not work in commerce. You should have more respect for me as a customer of 17 years with an account that has never been delinquent or late. And your employees should not lie.

The resolution is simple - I will share my inbox with you. There is no documentation stating the increase after 12 months. So someone is lying, and it is not me. If there is no proof of this correspondence, and if you are not willing to review the recorded conversation in question (in which I agreed to the 2-year pricing and promotion), keep my payment and services the same. You get your money, I receive my service, and we both remain happy.

I need someone to do this for me. Customers should not have to deal with deceptive practices. Apparently, I was lied to twice last year. Someone make this right with minimal effort. I do not want to see any increases or changes in my bill. It is not what I agreed to - end of story. I will finish out the year, pay my bill 21 days early each month, and move on.

Contributor

So I can assume no one at Comcast is going to touch this one? After 17 years as a loyal and timely paying customer, you are now ignoring me? Why not just give me what I agreed to (which is what we both approved) or as I have repeatedly requested, provide me with proof that counters my claims. That should be very easy for a corporation of your size. I can give you exact dates, times, documents, names, chat logs, call logs, emails, posts, etc., etc., etc. (and that is as an individual). You cannot produce one recorded call where I agreed to the terms in the initial post? Why toss away a sure customer over lies? Why not admit an expiration twelve months in, was not part of the 2-year agreement?

Again, no one has called (as I asked). No one has looked into this as I requested - not even a reply here on the board. This response does not seem like an appropriate one to some straightforward requests. And although I could be wrong, it also shows you cannot produce the requested proof (as it does not exist, as I have already attempted to tell you) and no longer value me as a customer. Why else would you not merely have already gotten in touch with me and proved it by now?

If I, as a customer, could not prove to you I paid a bill by providing a receipt or credit card or bank statement; you would make me responsible for that bill. So why is it that when you cannot produce proof of what I agreed to, I must merely believe it? Do you see the fault in the thinking and process here? It cannot work one way if we are honest and fair.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Official Employee

Hello tinad23. We're sorry you feel that way. We try to be as thorough and clear as possible when offering two year agreement promotional discounts, especially when the deal includes a price increase after the first year. 

We certainly value your business.

I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 in conversation