Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused services.

Frequent Visitor

No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused services.

I have been a loyal paying customer for the past two years with Comcast Xfinity. I move on August 1st to a new location, and before moving I submitted an online request for cancellation form through my account. After submitting the form, the screen indicated that I was to receive a call from a comcast representative in 2-3 business days. No confirmation email was sent, and it wasn't until October that I received notice that my bill was late and that I had been charged from August - October for services that I was neither using or aware of being charged. I canceled the service, of course, and have talked to customer service twice to get a refund. The escalation department had no record of my request for cancellation request, and since I did not receive a confirmation email OR a phone call as was stated on their website, they would not offer a full refund. Instead, the "best" they could offer was a half refund, which was better than the $20 credit they initially offered me. The representative I talked to (and thankfully recorded the phone call and their employee number) could not produce any record of a cancelation request, could not tell me how a cancelation request is tracked or recorded, and had the audacity to say that, "Most people know to call to cancel their service." After asking why after submitting a cancelation request through my COMCAST ACCOUNT I was lead to believe that I would receive a call from a representative rather than told that I needed to call to cancel, he was unable to offer an explanation. Instead, he stated that he had never ran across a situation like mine before and didn't have anything else to offer. I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that I am the only customer of comcast to have received that information from my account, and that I am expected to pay for services I did not use without a logical explanation. So, I would like to know if I really am the ONLY paying customer who has experienced this phenomenon, and why doesn't the COMCAST WEBSITE tell customers to call after submitting a cancelation request? Since I have not received a logical explination, I am forced to concur this is an unethical business practice and will have to take this to the Better Business Bureau.

Regular Visitor

Re: No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused servic

I have had a similar experience when I changed my service from atriple play to internet only online. No email, No record in the account portal/dashboard etc. Calls to Customer service revelaed taht they had no visibility and I was told taht some department who work only banker's hours has the case - even though they did not see a case. Still following up on the change.

Frequent Visitor

Re: No record of online cancellation request. Not contacted as advertised. Charged for unused servic

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to encounter issues on their website! I sure hope you receive better treatment and customer "service" is able to provide you with a logical explination. If it wasn't for my persistence the escalation employee would not have even checked all their systems to find a solution. Apparently we are the ignorant ones who end up paying for mistakenly following directions on the comcast website. Voicing legitimate frustrations on this forum will no doubt yield similar results...

Official Employee

Hi CAFM, I apologize for your experiences when trying to cancel your services online. I would recommend calling in to follow up if you didn't get a call from a representative within the said time frame to confirm the cancellation has been made.   I can review this on my side and see if there is any records I could pull up and make an adjustment accordingly. Please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation