Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Idea Who to talk to anymore...$60 Install Fee Refunded

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

No Idea Who to talk to anymore...$60 Install Fee Refunded

I've decided to go public with this since I am entirely frustrated with Comcast's customer service and handling of issues.

When I signed up a month ago, I asked several specific questions regarding installation and costs, including what happens when CSR's cannot resolve an issue requiring an onsite visit.

As told, if the issue is with Comcast there should be no charge, otherwise $60.

So when I received all cable equipment (modem is mine and new) I went ahead with the self-install except when I was required to contact Comcast to activate.

• Cable -- Comcast was unable to initate Cable over the phone
  • Modem -- Comcast was unable to establish Internet over the phone -- I explained to one rep that my old modem (still active from former house) was working when connected.

I spent several hours troubleshooting with them.

So after fail without further consent Comcast reps arranged to have a tech come onsite within 48 hrs.

He did a great job and explained the issues:

• I received the wrong Cable Box and swapped out.
  • Comcast REPS did not initiate the modem properly from remote location

He also installed a separate outlet which had no bearing on the reason for visit.  This is important as will note below.

So I attempted to contact via Chat after I was charged $60 by my next bill.  At first, the rep said the visit required a separate outlet to be installed in order to initiate service.  I was angry because that was not the case as I knew and told him he had no idea what he was talking about.  He later recanted and agreed.  As a result, they were supposed to notate everything as I was 'required' to call so they can verify my claim to refund the $60 and told 'not to worry' as I will not need to repeat myself.  I told him I have heard that before and always have to repeat myself.  This was of course no different. The phone rep  had nothing in his notes and required me to explain again.  After all said and done, he said I could check my account and would see result within 48 hrs.  No such message came.

The problem as I see is most issues are overseas managed and have either limited knowledge, limited power or ability to respond, and must depend upon local authority to approve any objections by customer.  Historically I have found this to be true and sometimes admittedly so directly from the saved transcipts.  This leaves the customer with little recourse.  Calling is also hit or miss, time consuming and CSRs are limited to help.  No one is reacting, only responding based upon canned guidelines.

So that still leaves me with the open issue.  I spent a half day with Comcast on the phone and additional time chatting to explain why I should be refunded (it shouldnt have been charged to begin with).  I even have receipt docmumenting the concern I had in advance of the charge at the time the tech required my signature.  I want the $60 charge removed due to no fault of my own.

Accepted Solution

Re: No Idea Who to talk to anymore...$60 Install Fee Refunded

Thank you Michael for providing your information, and I will take care of this charge for you. Can you verify when you were charged this? 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Similar situation happened to me and the end result. Me still having to pay for a Professional installation that never happened. I installed my modem over the phone. And billing said that I was still getting charged because the Installer had to come out to check the wiring that was faulty (not my issue) NEWS FLASH an installer gets paid to finish installations!! He never started the installation...poor customer service led to me canceling service all together.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Thank you Michael for providing your information, and I will take care of this charge for you. Can you verify when you were charged this? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hello Ocasio3, can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

ComcastShane wrote:

Hi sorry for late reply as I was looking for a call.

It was included with the Oct 1 bill.

Thank you.

Michael

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation