Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New customers get rewarded while existing / loyal customers pay more???

ANSWERED
New Poster

New customers get rewarded while existing / loyal customers pay more???

I am an existing Comcast / Xfinity customer.  My 2-year contract just ran out.  I did some research on their website to see what package I want to go with for another 2-year contract.  I found the Cable / Internet package I want to switch to and commit to another 2 years.  (I currently have Cable, Internet, and Phone so this would be 'removing' the phone service I had with my last contract.)  When I tried to sign up for a Cable / Internet package, the website said that it would have to be handled by an agent via a phone call.  When I called I got bounced around to a few people getting different pricing for the same package I was asking for from each person.  (Always the pricing was higher than what was advertised online for a new customer.)  Nobody could explain why an existing, loyal customer wanting to commit to paying them more money for 2 more years would have to pay more than if I was a new customer other than saying the package for the new customer is not available to me because I am an existing customer.  This makes no sense to me.  I really don't want to cancel my service and then sign up again (as a new customer) to get the better rate.  This does however motivate me to contact AT&T and check out Dish.  (Even though I really liked Xfinity and would prefer to keep this service if I knew I wasn't paying more than a new customer.)  Not a great rewards program for customer loyalty...

Signed

Soon to be former Xfinity customer?

Accepted Solution

Re: New customers get rewarded while existing / loyal customers pay more???

Hello All, 

We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate.

If any of you are interested in seeing what offers are available in your area, please reach out to me and provide the following information, and I'd be happy to help however I can.  

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

View answer in context
New Poster

I agree wholeheartedly.  I've been with Comcast over 10 years. My latest bill for my continued contract just increased AGAIN, dramatically, yet with no change in service.  Two years ago I was paying below $100 monthly for basic cable and internet.  My current bill is $207.  Yet -- as you say -- I'm constantly getting promotional mail for this same program I'm on at a rate that is almost $70 less per month. I've been wanting to end my Comcast service but dread the inconvenience of starting with a new carrier, equipment, etc. But I'm starting to think that is what Comcast is counting on -- keeping customers like me by virtue of my own sheer laziness!  

New Poster

Xfinity needs to do better. I'm a loyal customer too. I got charged for services I didn't even use at another residence and it's on my credit. A lot of their policies are just utterly ridiculous one of them being if a previous tenant had an outstanding bill how can I be charged like I coerced the individual to slack on their bill and not pay. I'm an individual. But anyway yeah loyalty isn't rewarded by any means. I would reward the loyal customer more than I would reward the newer customer I guessed that is for the purpose of reeling in the new customer to dog them out when they consider being the loyal customer.
Tags (1)
New Poster

So, cut the cord. There are a lot of streaming services available nowadays. Google TV, Hulu, Playstation Vue, Sling, DirectTV Now. I went with Google TV. and kept the internet. That is, until retention called. Now I am back with Comcast and a happy customer.

Official Employee

Hello All, 

We offer new customers an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate.

If any of you are interested in seeing what offers are available in your area, please reach out to me and provide the following information, and I'd be happy to help however I can.  

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Can you please contact me via pm. I too am a longtime customer with a new child shopping for a 2 year deal. The local cable company across the street Hickory Television Company is offering some good deals and I’d hope Comcast can be competitive. I’ve tried to shop deals online but I’m just directed to call customer service....
Frequent Visitor

How much were you charged for Internet, only?

My bill went up way too high during the past year.

I think I'll go with Dish, but keep Comcast Internet/Email.

Regular Contributor

Hello SamAllison & sandys,

I can go over promotions for you based on your individual regions. Please send me a private message with your account name, phone number, and service address so I can review. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Can I also send a PM to one of the Comcast agents?

I saw on a different thread that we are not allowed to private message moderators without a request.

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Hello ac15,

Mostly due to our interface with the forum we require that you make a public post prior to sending a message to a moderator. This reply is good enough to comply with the interface. Please remember to verify your account with the account name, phone number, and service address to expedite the process.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I would be interested in learning more options as well.

ComcastMichaelP wrote:

Hello ac15,

Mostly due to our interface with the forum we require that you make a public post prior to sending a message to a moderator. This reply is good enough to comply with the interface. Please remember to verify your account with the account name, phone number, and service address to expedite the process.

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastMichaelP,

I made a post two days ago, but received no reply.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Bill-doubled-in-price/td-p/2998777

Can I send you a PM now?

Regular Contributor

Yes ac15,

Please PM me your account information now so I can investigate for you.

Also STEEL_BUS_NOlE please message the same information. Thank You

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

That is NOT true.  My contract increased really high after my first year (of my 2 year contract) and when I sent my information in a PM I was seriously insulted by the price I was given.  So, I'll probably only keep my Internet Email and go with Dish TV or a streaming device.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 10 in conversation