Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Never told about $60 technician fee

New Poster

Never told about $60 technician fee

I received an email that my bill was $60 higher than it should be this month. I called in and and was told it was for a technician visit. I said that I was never informed that there would be a charge for the technician visit. I was never told by the initial tech support representative that scheduled the appointment. I was never told by the two different people who called to verify the appointment time. I was never told by the technician who came out. I complained, but the customer service representative said all he could do was give me a $10 credit on my account. I refused and told him I wasn't paying for something that was never mentioned to me. I asked to speak with his supervisor and was transferred. The supervisor was even less helpful. He basically just kept repeating that he understood why I was upset, but then kept saying that it is their written policy. I told him that I was not going to scour the Comcast/Xfinity website for hidden fees every time I need them to fix their service. I then told him I would be putting poor reviews on every website I could think of since this is the second time they have messed up on my account and expected me to pay more due to their error. I then hung up. Now I have seen other customers on this forum get these unannounced technician fees removed from their bills. How can I push back on this more? It seems like some customers can reach people that can rectify the situation. Who do I talk to?
Official Employee

Re: Never told about $60 technician fee

Hi Budoboy, I can address your service fee concerns with you. First I will need to verify your account information, please send me a private message verifying following information:

-First and last name of the account holder

-Primary phone number on the account

-The street address associated with your services

-Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastAmir", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Never told about $60 technician fee

Information has been sent.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation