Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Need to Lower Monthly Comcast Charges

Regular Visitor

Need to Lower Monthly Comcast Charges

I have been paying $230.72 per month for phone, internet, and cable TV.  I lost my job on June 30, 2017.  I cannot continue to pay so much even though I love my comcast service.  I have used my savings to keep my Comcast account current, but what little savings I had are running out and I fear I will soon not be able to meet this obligation.  When I called in to see if there were any options for me to reduce my monthly charges, all I got was frustration.  I need some help here, PLEASE...  I'm willing to sign a contract, reduce my TV service, whatever it takes, but I need a significant reduction in the monthly charge.

New Poster

Re: Need to Lower Monthly Comcast Charges

Call Comcast and go to the Billing option. Once there tell them you are wanting to cancel and they will transfer you to the Customer Solutions aka Retention department. Tell them you want to cancel and they will adjust your bill because they get dinged if you leave.

The other option which I have found to be the best option is to drive to a Comcast location (with your equipment) and tell them you want to cancel. They seem to offer the best deals

Official Employee

Hi FrustratedPete, I can assist going over current promotions with you please send me a private message with your account information (Name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastPhil,

I need help, please.  I lost my job and can't continue to pay such a high bill.  I love comcast and want to keep at least some of your service.  I am however willing to reduce my tv stations if that will help or sign a two year agreement.  I am running out of funds to pay my bill and don't want to go in to default.  I will provide you with any information you need, just let me know

Thank you.

Service Expert

FrustratedPete wrote:

Hi ComcastPhil,

I need help, please.  I lost my job and can't continue to pay such a high bill.  I love comcast and want to keep at least some of your service.  I am however willing to reduce my tv stations if that will help or sign a two year agreement.  I am running out of funds to pay my bill and don't want to go in to default.  I will provide you with any information you need, just let me know

Thank you.

Send ComcastPhil the requested information by Private Message by clicking on his name and then on Private Message Me on the right side of the profile screen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation