Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Moving to new build, Comcast infrastructure hooked up but they don't service my city

New Poster

Moving to new build, Comcast infrastructure hooked up but they don't service my city

We recently moved into a new home. It is a brand new construction. We are on the city line, and our next-door neighbors (in another city, technically) have Comcast service, but Comcast apparently will not service my address despite the infrastructure being hooked up according to the builder who physically built the house. Every home in the community is wired for Comcast.

However, I cannot get service. This is due to an agreement with another cable provider, who services the city I technically reside in. I have had about 4-5 conversations trying to switch my Comcast service and wanted to also get Xfinity Mobile but can no longer pursue this option in an economically-beneficial way.

As a result of this agreement between Comcast and said other provider I am unable to continue my Comcast service; I'm being told I need to pay an early termination fee.

I have been told I need to pay $230, $190, and $80 - three different numbers from three different inquiries on the subject.

I believe that, since I can't continue my service due to a business relationship on the Comcast side, I should not be held accountable for any early termination fee.

So my question is two-fold:

1 - Why am I being charged an ETF when it's not a serviceable area due to a business agreement as opposed to simply not having the infrastructure in place? The proper cable is there, Comcast has just chosen not to provide service.

2 - Why am I being told three different cancelation rates? Which one is it?

Obviously I'd really like to continue my service, but since I can't, I want to pay as little as possible to cancel my service. Adding $230 onto the fact that I already need to select a more expensive alternative is extremely upsetting.

The disparity between the amounts I've been told I'd be charged really don't make me feel comfortable that I know what I'll REALLY be charged. What kind of systems does Comcast have that this isn't clear-cut?????

Service Expert

Re: Moving to new build, Comcast infrastructure hooked up but they don't service my city

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Moving to new build, Comcast infrastructure hooked up but they don't service my city

Unfortunately this doesn't detail how much an ETF is. I have two documents to view going through those steps, and neither one has any wording about an early termination fee. Therefore I'm pretty much at the mercy of whoever I'm talking to.

Service Expert

For services other than Home Security the ETF rate is $10 x the number of months left in your contract.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi Gnomeercy, customers receive a special price or offer in exchange for agreeing to keep the service for a certain period of time. Since the original agreement of the duration of service could not be maintained at the new address, the Early Termination Fee is applicable.  

If you still need me to review the amount of the ETF please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account nuumber) and I will further assist.

Thank you 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation