Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lowering monthly bill

New Poster

Lowering monthly bill

My 2-year bundled rate for triple play has expired, and the rate has gone up significantly to $139.99 per month. I'm looking to lower the bundle rate and trying to understand what my options are. Is anyone able to help with this? I chatted with the online reps and the only thing they had was actually more expensive than the rate I'm paying right now, but when I do "manage plan" I did see options that were significantly better. Not sure why there's a discrepancy between what chat reps have and what I see online, but I am unable to proceed with the online offers since trying to add them to the cart results in "there's an error...please call," but I'd rather handle this online if possible.

New Poster

Re: Lowering monthly bill

I am having a similar problem with raised rates and would like to lower my bill. Any advice? Thanks. 

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Thank you Bernard for providing your information. I do have the same package you have now for $129.99 per month for 24 months. I would be happy to break it down for you if you would like. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Currently the bill looks like the following:

Bundle 134.99 Additional services and equipment 22.42 Other charges and credits 17.47 Taxes and fees 7.60

When you say $129.99, I assume that is just the bundle price. But, that is only a $5 difference per month? That doesn't seem like much of a saving to me... Can you do better?

Official Employee

Hello Bernard, it's not much of a discount but this is what I have to offer. Here is the break down just in case. 

• X1 Triple Play Preferred with Blast for $129.99 per month for 12 months. (This promotion comes with Blast which would replace the Performance Pro you have).
  • Non Published number $1.50 per month. 
  • Modem rental $10.00 (Since you own your modem there is no charge).

Total would be $131.49 per month for 24 months vs the $146.49 you are paying now. So really the change would be the Blast for the term, and the HD tech fee is included. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

You need to be a new customer to get a good deal. The deals they offer for new customers when shopping online are great. For existing customers, they're terrible.

Official Employee

Hello HomerJSimpson, sometimes we can find a promotion that would fit an existing needs and rates. I would be happy to check for you. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation