Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Limited Basic Subscriber - Why am I now being charged for a "HD Technology Fee"?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Limited Basic Subscriber - Why am I now being charged for a "HD Technology Fee"?

I have one HD DTA with my Limited Basic cable account. For the past 6 years, this fee has always been waived (see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/HD-DTA-and-HD-Access-Fees/td-p/2725119, and http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Why-am-I-being-charged-the-quot-HD-Technology-fee-quot/m-p/2851...).

As of this month, suddenly it's no longer being waived. Can a Comcast rep please correct my account?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Re: Limited Basic Subscriber - Why am I now being charged for a "HD Technology Fee"?

Hi tlsdave -- I can explain what happened with your account. The reason you got charged was because your account still had HD Tech Fee listed on it. This fee was given a promotional offer to make it $0 per month for 12 months. This discount had been continually added to your account giving the appearance that it was being waived. HD Tech Fee is not necessary on Limited Basic accounts. I have removed this fee and added the correct coding to your account for you to receive Limited Basic HD channels at no charge as it's supposed to be setup. 

View answer in context
Admin1

Re: Limited Basic Subscriber - Why am I now being charged for a "HD Technology Fee"?

Hi tlsdave -- I can explain what happened with your account. The reason you got charged was because your account still had HD Tech Fee listed on it. This fee was given a promotional offer to make it $0 per month for 12 months. This discount had been continually added to your account giving the appearance that it was being waived. HD Tech Fee is not necessary on Limited Basic accounts. I have removed this fee and added the correct coding to your account for you to receive Limited Basic HD channels at no charge as it's supposed to be setup. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much! I'd talked to several Comcast billing reps on the phone this week, who all gave me conflicting information. I appreciate you clearing up this matter for me.

One more question - my current bill still shows the HD Technology Fee. Will this be credited back on my next statement?

Admin1

tlsdave -- You're welcome and glad I could help clear this up for you. I did back date this charge for HD Tech Fee so you will see if adjusted on your next statement. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Perfect. Thanks again!

Admin1

tlsdave -- You're welcome! 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation