Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Just signed up for comcast, cannot access my account because it brings me to the wifi on demand page

New Poster

Just signed up for comcast, cannot access my account because it brings me to the wifi on demand page

Hi everyone, I bought a 1 day pass to the comcast wifi on demand so I could use the internet to buy and sign up for regular comcast service.  So I already had an xfinity account in order to buy the day pass.  Now when I try to sign in to any account page it just brings me to the useless my passes page for the wifi on demand, so I cannot access my account number or order or anything.  Ive spent a bunch of time on the phone with different customer supports for the past 4 hours Smiley Sad  They have been totally useless, honestly.

So far Im really regretting picking comcast here :/  Please help?

edit:  If I click on the little envelope in the top corner, it brings me to a page with the address http://my.xfinity.com/errors/unauthorized/?lang=en&ui_style=light      and says "sorry we couldnt find that page".  suggesting it thinks my account isnt authorized? 

New Poster

Re: Just signed up for comcast, cannot access my account because it brings me to the wifi on demand

I came here to ask about the same thing. I already have an account but my bill is overdue so I lost my home Internet connection. Using my phone as a Wifi hotspot, I got a free xfinitywifi pass as an existing customer. When I tried to pay my bill, like the OP, the login took me to wifiondemand.xfinity.com. Thinking it had something to do with the browser, I tried to log in using my phone, but the same thing happened. I had to pay my bill without logging in.

I assume it's just broken. Can you let us know when it will be fixed? Or where to report it. I don't know if anybody from Xfinity monitors this forum.

New Poster

Re: Just signed up for comcast, cannot access my account because it brings me to the wifi on demand

Has there been a fixed having same problem. Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Hello all,

@zerocold182 - You cannot access My Account page because you don't have services with us. You only have an access to OnDemand WiFi portal. If you would like to sign up for Comcast services, just visit https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers, put your address and if prompted - click I'm a new customer. If you have any issues with your WiFi pass - please visit http://wifi.xfinity.com/ or call 1-866-489-0919 (24/7 line). 

@Fala - You got the correct screen. In order to connect to xfinitywifi you need to sign in with username and password first. Then you will get an internet access.

@mrstcooper - Could you please describe what is the issue? 

Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation