Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Irma relief

New Poster

Irma relief

I am a current customer staying at a Hotel because my home was damaged from Hurricane Irma. Will you guys be offering any relief for customers who can't use the service due to Hurricane damage?

Official Employee

Re: Irma relief

Hello neuburgc. 

We hope you and your loved ones are safe.

If you are experiencing a loss of XFINITY services due to severe weather conditions, please be aware that this could be the result of a local public power interruption and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood. We will work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service, but please be aware that we typically must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and allow our teams into the area to repair our network. It is possible that power could be restored to your home but the XFINITY network serving your neighborhood is still affected, preventing XFINITY services from working. Local public power must also be restored at your home before XFINITY services can work properly.

The most effective way for you to get updates for active service events in your area and information about your Comcast service is to visit www.xfinity.com/MyAccount or use the XFINITY My Account app on your secure, Internet-enabled mobile device. Within My Account, you can opt-in for a free one-time text alert to receive a text message once service in your area has been restored.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation