Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Invoice and NO DVR

New Poster

Invoice and NO DVR

I turned in Xfinity's modem a few weeks ago after purchasing my own modem.  You are still charging me.  Why? When I turned the modem in at your County Line/Yosemite office they wouldn't even take my name, etc.  I was told that the serial number on the modem is all they needed.  Definitely should have known better.

I have not been able to record new shows on DVR.  The "record" option isn't even available any more as it has been in the past.  Why?

Also, how in the world does my invoice get to be $91.38 when I signed up for a $49/month package?  What in the world is an "HD Technology Fee"?  

I worked for cable companies for over 20 years and now know why I "cut the cable" for the last few years.  Sure do regret signing back up after this fiasco!

Official Employee

Re: Invoice and NO DVR

Hi janicesmith58,

Sorry for the experience you're having. I'd like to help get this taken care of for you. I can start by submitting an equipment research ticket for the inventory from the store where you returned the modem. Once located, I can also assist with the compensation for the amount of time you did not have the modem. 

When attempting to schedule the recording are you doing so on the actual DVR or are you attempting to schedule them from a mobile device. If trying to schedule them from a mobile device, you will no longer have the option to do so.

As for the monthly package you were quoted for, that does not include the cost of any equipment, taxes or fees. 

The HD Technology is required to authorize HD channels on outlets connected to HD TV Boxes for non-HD packages. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation