Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Internet Installation Fee

New Poster

Internet Installation Fee

So coming from NY to FL I was in need of internet at my new apartment. So I went with Comcast Xfinity. Install tech came on Wednesday and said wiring was faulty and that a wiring/cable tech would need to come and fix the wiring problem. They came friday and fixed the issue and advised me to call Xfinity agent to do a DIY install "I had my own modem" install went fine and I was Happy. Agent said he would cancel the install Fee $60 and I wouldn't get charged. Awesome I thought! Then a week goes by and the $60 charge was still showing.. so I called multiple times to get it taken off seeing that I was the one who installed it over the phone!! Every agent said it would be taken care of...WRONG I called over 10 times to get it resolved and got the same answer(not a problem well take care of it). Nothing changed so today frustrated I called Comcast Xfinity agent and expressed how much of a pain it is to call over 10 times to get a $60 refund for the professional install that never happened! You would think a billion dollar company like Comcast would easily want to keep a new customer happy by refunding them $60 that is Penny's compared to what they would have netted from me being a customer for a year or more NOT at all. Jen (who is a male)in customer service tells me very rudely that the installer did his job by coming in and figuring out that the wiring was faulty and paying $60 for a install is very cheap compared to other companies that charge more. So I have to pay $60 for Professional Installer that did not install my internet?!?That's ridiculous. I am glad that this happened there customer service department is horrible and I will never deal with them ever again.
Official Employee

Re: Internet Installation Fee

Hey Ocasio3!

First and foremost I'd like to apologize for the experience you've received while trying to get this taken care of. This is not the experience we want for our customers. I'd like to review your account and help make this right.

If you're willing to allow me to assist you, please send me a private message verifying following information: 

• First and last name of the account holder
  • Primary phone number on the account
  • The street address associated with your services
  • Full account number

To send a private message, click on my name, then click private message

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation