Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Internet Bill Fees & Taxes

New Poster

Internet Bill Fees & Taxes

I just cancelled my TV service, and signed up for a 12 month agreement for 100Mbps internet. The agreement showed that it would be $65 a month for 12 months, but when I look at my plan now, it shows my plan at 90.55/mo. I understand a few bucks in taxes, but this is $25 more than advertised. 

I have the following fees:

Regional Sports Fee

$6.50

Broadcast TV Fee

$7.85

And $11 in taxes.. That's 17% in taxes - which seems like it's a bit high. Anybody know what's going on?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Internet Bill Fees & Taxes

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/billing/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill/. Some of the fees on your bill are taxes, but these two items are not. They're completely under the company's control, and are Comcast's way of charging you more while allowing them to claim that they haven't increased prices. And if you don't have TV service, those charges should not be on your bill.

Regular Contributor

Re: Internet Bill Fees & Taxes

Hello Xander49,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. I would be happy to review your account with you to ensure all is in order. Would you please send me a private message with your account name, phone number, and service address so I can begin? Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation