Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Instalation Fee

ANSWERED
New Poster

Instalation Fee

I opted for a self instalation. I tried a my old modem and was told that it no longer was valid (used it 13 month prior with comcast) and bought a new one. I called and registered the new modem. I was told there was an issue and to try later since my old service with a competitor was recently shut off. I waited then called back and after trying every outlet in my house (previous owners had a few installed) with the rep on the phone to activate the modem was told that comcast would need to send someone out. I was told the problem was on their end and that the service fee would be waived. I was billed $60 for the "pro" service installation. He wrote he "rewired" an outlet when he did not as I was home and observed him (not to mention the modem in connected to an outlet behind a 300lb TV stand that he did not move). So, I was lied to by a representative and then the service tech lied in his documentation that he did service inside the house! I would like the $60 fee refuned ASAP. Based on my reading, this has happened to other on these forum and in a couple newspapers. Apparently we need to record all converations and work done by comcast outside near our homes as well. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Instalation Fee

Hello ComcastPhill!

I did call in but they were only abel to offer me a partial refund. I wanted a full refund. I contacted the BBB and with their help got my full refund due to a "billing type error." I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Thank you. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi thesquareman,  I am showing you called in after this post and spoke to a supervisor, and it looks like they were able to assist with this.  If this is not the case please let me know.

Thank you 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello ComcastPhill!

I did call in but they were only abel to offer me a partial refund. I wanted a full refund. I contacted the BBB and with their help got my full refund due to a "billing type error." I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Thank you. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation