Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

In-home Service Visit Fee

New Poster

In-home Service Visit Fee

Hello,

I recently had a technician come to troubleshoot a packet loss issue. He wasn't able to resolve the issue while here and recommended that I purchase a new cable modem. After doing so, and installing the new modem, I was still having the issue with packet loss for about another week. I didn't place another support call at this time as the service was still mostly usuable except for VoIP dropouts, which I don't use very often. Since the issue did eventually get resolved, I figured that would be the last of that.

However, on this month's bill I see the fee for the service visit. I don't believe I should be responsible for this fee since the techncian was not able to correctly diagnose the issue, and buying and replacing the cable modem suggests the issue was actually in comcast's network.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: In-home Service Visit Fee

Hi dunnobunno,

I'd be more than happy to take a look at this. However, it seems as if the issue was with the modem itself, since replacing it is what resolved the problem. However, if I am able to determine the issue was cause by something with our equipment or our network, then you should not have be charged for the truck toll. In order to review your account I will need to gather some information through private message. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. Please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation