Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

If You're Thinking Of Upgrading Your Service, Don't!

Regular Visitor

If You're Thinking Of Upgrading Your Service, Don't!

This is a quote from Xfinity's own website:  "What Happens to Your Bill When You Change Your Service

Great shows and new programming pop up often. But you don’t need to worry about billing when you change your service.
If you change your service or take advantage of a promotion in the middle of your billing month, your bill will be adjusted and you’ll only pay for the days that you actually had the service.  You’ll see a partial charge or a credit on your bill" 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/billing/comcast-bill-after-service-change/

I was already an Xfinity custoner and I changed services earlier this year.

On my 1st bill after upgrading services, I was charged for a partial month of my old service, and the rest of that month another partial charge for the upgraded service. That would be great if that was all, but in addition to those charges, I was billed an entire month of new charges as well!

So, even though I was an existing customer, and the rep that sold the upgrade to me said nothing about being double-billed the 1st month, and your own website says you'll only see a pro-rated charge for your new services, I was still double-billed.

I am on a fixed income and STILL a month behind.  I debated with customer service for hours before they finally admitted I was billed an extra month, but my account has never been adjusted.

How can a company tell (not just consumers, but their own customers) one thing concerning their bill, and do something completely different? 

I wish someone @ Xfinity would actually do right by their customers... 

Official Employee

Re: If You're Thinking Of Upgrading Your Service, Don't!

Hello grassrox. I can assist with a review of your billing and the change of service prorated charges. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation