Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

INSULT -to- INJURY | No deals for "existing" customer post HURRICANE IRMA devastation?

New Poster

INSULT -to- INJURY | No deals for "existing" customer post HURRICANE IRMA devastation?

Dear Comcast, why do you care so little for your long-time, loyal customers -or- is it simply that you do not care about those of us in South Florida suffering after the devastation of Hurricane Irma? As if it were not already a truly stressful and trying time for my family - who is struggling to deal with the significant damage to our home, our community and South Florida as a whole, in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma - I cannot rationalize your lack of compassion and understanding for a long-time and loyal customer who is desperately trying to reduce his current monthly bill of $230.16/month for an all-inclusive triple play package [HD Digital Preferred 220+ channels, Blast Internet and Unlimited Voice] to the bare-bones $54.99/month Internet Plus package [10+ channels, internet and NO voice service] offered as one of the current deals in my area. My reason for requesting this drastic downgrade in services is plain and simple... I can no longer afford my current service plan because of the expense to repair costly damage sustained to our home and personal property, as well as overcome the impact to our livelihoods inflicted by the relentless, 100mph winds and severe rains from Hurricane Irma, after it ripped a path through South Florida.

The $54.99/month Internet Plus package, which would total $98.88/month and result in a much-needed savings of over $131.28/month, is not available to me because I am an “existing” customer – as explained to me by the customer service represent with whom I spoke today (9/27). Wait…what…I am being punished for being a long-time and loyal, “existing” customer? So Comcast, I guess the quote I read on your company website by Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, about “The best customer experience, that’s what we strive for every day!” (https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/custcare.html) is just one, big marketing ploy to lure fool-hearted and unwitting subscribers, then proceed to “not care” about them until those subscribers decide to completely disconnect their Comcast service, and sign-up with a competing provider who is willing to “care” about their customers’ budgetary constraints. Well...mission accomplished!

Admin1

Re: INSULT -to- INJURY | No deals for "existing" customer post HURRICANE IRMA devastation?

Hi jas-03 -- We absolutely do care about everyone, whether they are a customer or not, who were affected by the devastation Hurricane Irma caused. We have been working around the clock to help those affected by the Hurricane and get service restored as quickly as possible for those who do have accounts with us. We have also offered financing relief to those affected accounts.

I can help with your package change request. I reviewed your account and do have this offer available. This package is available to new and existing customers. I am more than happy to help get this package applied to your account. I can help with having our financial relief credit applied to your account as well. Please send me a PM with your full name, address, and phone number for account verification purposes and I will have these items applied. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation