Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I cancelled my Xfinity Account and Still received a Bill

Regular Visitor

I cancelled my Xfinity Account and Still received a Bill

I contacted Xfinity 2-3 weeks before my bill cycle was over and cancelled my account and they said no problem i had 15 days after my account was closed to return the equipment never mentioning that my account closes after i returned all of the equipment. Around a week before my account was to be completely closed a xfinity representative called me and tried to get me to buy back into one of thier plans and I told him that I would have to think about it and call him back but for now i was still cancelling my account. I checked my account on the day of the final day and I see that i had a bill online. I called them right away and they said it was a mistake and that i shouldn't worry about it, they even opened a Solutions Dept Ticket #24018. I was going to return thier equipment as per thier 15 day grace period and Hurricane Irma hit and I called right away and they said it was ok that I returned the equipment the following week. After the frustration of Hurricane Irma I returned thier equipment on time and then I checked to see if I owed anything and wouldn't you know it. I was billed what seems like 2 billing cycles. i called and told them what happened and basically was told that they couldn't do anything that service ends when equipment was returned and I told them that that's not what they told me when I spoke to the agent when i cancelled they agent had told me i could return 2 weeks after the cancel date which Aug 24 or 25. I called several times and was told I still had a bill. This is frustrating especially when have gone through a hurricane and trying to do the right thing. If this doesn't get resolved ASAP or I will complain to the FTC.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation