Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I dispute an old bill with comcast

New Poster

How do I dispute an old bill with comcast

My name is < Personal Information >. I had been a loyal Comcast customer for more than 15 years paying them thousands of dollars over the years. The last 5 years have been nothing but an disaster for me and I just don’t understand why the service is so bad. I had service in 2014 that was not working because the equipment I was given was not updated for the service I was paying for(this is the year they started X1, which I was given for free, and still charged for). After many phone calls and so called credit adjustments I was issued new equipment. I moved from that residence and transferred my service to my current address where everything was messed up. The new system that Comcast is using was implemented during April 2016. The same month I moved, which caused me terrible distress and inconvenience because my account number was changed without my knowledge and I was without service for months due to the mix up. I had 3 different account numbers generated and the equipment did not work for the previous address. I was still charged for service at both address and other ridiculous charges. For months I called every single day trying to get service and find out the status of my complaints to no avail. I had more than 20 tickets escalated to billing and management, but very little was done. I spoke to more than 15 different management and call center agents, but nothing was done to help me. Finally in August of 2016 serve weather caused damage to the roof of the home I was renting, which forced my family to have to leave the home immediately for several months until the repairs could be made to the home(ex: serve roof damage and no power in home). Comcast still charged me for service although I was unable to contact them and living in a shelter. This is outrageous and very dishearten the way I have been treated and then for them to go so far as not to try to work with me on bill and put it on my credit!!! I will not rest until this has been addressed and they take that bill off my credit because I do not owe them any money and it unjust the way they treated me. What can I do next to hiring an attorney? I have every single bill, call records, emails and other information.

Official Employee

Re: How do I dispute an old bill with comcast

ys19145, let's take a look at your billing concerns. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation