Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Hard to believe

Regular Visitor

Hard to believe

I have been a customer since 1996. I am in the process of finding a comparable internet and cable provider in my area. I will cancel my services with Comcast in the next few days unless the following billing mistake is rectified before I can identify such provider and get a satisfactory deal with them. 

I am being charged a $60 service fee for the replacement of a faulty cablecard, property of Comcast, which I am renting. Two things are unconscionable here:

-That I am forced to pay for the repairing/replacement of equipment which belongs to the provider and is indispensable for the delivery of the services for which I am already paying.

-That Comcast is willing happily —per the customer service technician— to lose someone who has been a customer for 21 years over a wrongful $60 charge.

This is really the stuff of an awesome mafia movie and/or an equally awesome class action lawsuit.

Can anyone provide the email address of either someone high enough on xfinity corporate or, in lieu, a good class action lawyer? (I am only half joking about the lawsuit, this is quite ridiculous)

New Poster

Re: Hard to believe

Part for comcast is to get every dollar they can. THEY don't care how. And why would anyone go back to them?
Regular Contributor

Re: Hard to believe

Hello Murci,

I apologize for any frustration this has caused you. I would like to investigate this for you to see what I can do. Would you please verify your account with me by sending a private message with your name, phone number, and service address so I can begin? Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation