Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Frustrated - Going to file complaints with BBB and FCC.

Frequent Visitor

Frustrated - Going to file complaints with BBB and FCC.

Just got off a chat with Support.  Third time I have contacted about overcharges.  I never signed up for an HD package - I got some promo deal with Blast + Digital starter or digital basic or something and I was told that it was not an HD package.....so of course after the honeymoon time the rate jacks up and I notice these $9.95 HD tech fees....really?....in 2017, a surcharge to provide HD when 4K and beyond is here (at least in Hardware and gaming)?

So the first time this happened I complained and got a credit I was asking for and a promise that I won't be charged this fee again (HD channels were disabled!).  After some months I contact support again....same issue and they provide a credit again and promise to stop charging me the HD tech fee.  Guess what?  Contact Comcast again, a third time, requesting a credit for both HD Tech Fees and also late fees.  This time the support rep says that the charges are valid and can only refund $30.  Then she states the maximum credit she would provide is $50 (requesting $134).  Then I ask that my TV service be immediately changed to basic cable and she says she can't do that - I need to contact some loyalty section of Comcast.  So I'm being prevented from lowering my bill and being excessively charged over and over because the jack up in rates and piling on of junk fees

I'm planning on filing complaints with BBB and FCC.

Official Employee

Re: Frustrated - Going to file complaints with BBB and FCC.

Hi DanoMac, 

Sorry for the experience you've received while trying to get this resolved. I can help address your billing concerns. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I also have been considering filing official complaints as I am so tired of spending hours on the phone with Comcast support reps to straighten out bills and request the charges that I was actually quoted.  I sent a long detailed email to the Customer Cares address, and received a reply that they no longer exist.

I have reference numbers for two calls that I made which were about an hour each in which I was a given a quoted rate that would "not change" for a year.  It immediately when up $20 both times. I don't know if this is a result of incompetency or dishonesty or simply employees at the mercy of terrible management.

Thought of carpet bombing the executive emails, but I doubt they care or this would not be an ongoing problem. In addition, Comcast has a monopoly on cable in our area so I cannot even switch providers.  Does anyone have an email address for customer care that actually works or elicits a response before I give up altogether and just file the complaint.

Official Employee

Hi schapman777,

I can help address your billing concerns. As the corporate digital care team, we primarily work through private message on social media to resolve concerns. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. 

This post will be close to avoid piggybacking or post highjacking. If anyone else is having issues, please create your own post to get assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation