Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Frivolous charges

Frequent Visitor

Frivolous charges

I have been facing slow internet speeds for the past 40+ days until it got resolved on 23rd August 2017. I reached out to the Chat support on 4th August as the slow connection speed had become unbearable and asked them to resolve the issue over phone which they were not able to. So he mentioned he is going to arrange for a Tech Support visit. I refused it as I already had a past experience of a 60$ charge when my TV connection had issues during March 2017 where the Technician visited my home and did nothing other than verifying the outside connection. So I wanted to check if everything is proper at my before going to Comcast once again. So I found all my devices and cables working properly and reached out to Comcast support again on 19th Aug. This time the chat personnel again was not able to resolve the issue over phone after 1 hour of troubleshooting. Then he said he will arrange for Tech Support visit to my home, I clearly mentioned that there is no issue at my home as all the devices that I am using are new and it is functioning properly. He insisted that it can only be resolved through a Tech Visit and I have no other option other than to agree in order to resolve the connection issue. Then I clearly asked that I was charged for a Tech Support Visit few months back and I am not willing to pay any charges this as there is no issue at my home. He confirmed that this time it will not be charged. I confirmed that 2-3 times on chat and he always insisted that this is not chargeable. The Tech Support Guy came and found no issue at my home and he said that there is some noise/interference issue from the point in which the connection is sent to my house. He went away for 20 minutes and made some changes (I am not sure where it was) and came back to my home and informed me to check, it was working properly after that. Now the problem is when my bill came this month, I find a Charge of 60$ for the Tech Support Visit. Then I contacted the Customer Care for reversing this but he was blatantly repeating the same sentence that "Tech support visit is chargeable because they had arranged it to resolve my issue". I spoke to him for an hour and half explaining him that he did not do anything inside my house to fix it. He refused to accept my argument and said I have to pay. Then I asked him to disconnect the connection with immediate effect. This has spoiled my entire day and just left with mental agony for no issue at my end. I can share you the Chat transcript where the Representative confirmed that there would be no charge. I have been charged 100$ (20$ reversed) and taxes charged for this transaction on both these instances. This is becoming a tactic now and 2nd time has happened with me where the technician did nothing inside my home. Now I want the reversal for the 100$ from both instances since I have proof that this is repeatedly happening with me, I am planning to go to the attorney if these Charges are not reversed to me with the restoration of Internet connection. Please let me know how you want me to proceed with this.

Official Employee

Re: Frivolous charges

Hello Indraraj. I can review the technician visit that you were charged for. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

What's the SLA for this? I have been trying to reach you for some time now and even given 2 private messages. I would like to get this issue resolved ASAP or if not, I will have to escalate it further.
Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [bumping]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Frequent Visitor

I have been waiting patiently for your response but of no use. If I don't hear from you before Tuesday with the refund and the status of my Internet connection restoration, I will go ahead and file an arbitration against Comcast with the help of my Attorney.
Frequent Visitor

Haha you moved my reminder urgently but why didn't you show same urgency to ask Comcast to provide a response?
Official Employee

Hello @Indraraj. I apologize for the delay in response. I have received your private message and I have responded. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation