Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Forum thread view has changed today and is missing page change

Bronze Problem Solver

Forum thread view has changed today and is missing page change

Forum thread view has changed today and is missing page change buttons. This makes it difficult to view threads with more than one page of posts.

Contributor

Re: Forum thread view has changed today and is missing page change

I agree.  Is this a permanent change to the format/design?  It does not work.  Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

mvenanzi wrote:

Forum thread view has changed today and is missing page change buttons. This makes it difficult to view threads with more than one page of posts.

Also missing is the ability to get a link to an individual post (to reference in another post), post number in thread, and views of post in thread

Official Employee

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We did make a few small changes to our Forums page to better highlight solutions or "best answers". 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastKenF wrote:

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We did make a few small changes to our Forums page to better highlight solutions or "best answers". 

Yes I see those changes, but why did useful functions get removed? Ability to changes pages in multi page thread and linking to a individual post were very useful.

Official Employee

I understand that some of those links were moved instead of removed. I'll reach out to the community manager to see what happened to those links/features. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastKenF wrote:

I understand that some of those links were moved instead of removed. I'll reach out to the community manager to see what happened to those links/features. 

What do you mean "links were moved instead of removed"?

Most Valued Poster

ComcastKenF wrote:

And they didn't make a change that would help. That is give us the ability to change the default font and font size  so those of us with bad eyes don't have to manually change the font every time we post.

Problem Solver

Ok guys, Halloween is over and Trick or Treating should be done long gone. 

Could the tricks that have been implemented to these forums be removed?  It is nightmarish trying to read, comprehend or even try to follow any thread that has more than a question and ONE reply.

These threads are just one big run on commentary.  They lack cohesion.   

Removing the post numbering, having a "discussion stats" box on the side of the page, showing the marble icons of those in the discussion, and being unable to access the pages of a lengthy discussion  has done nothing to enhance these forums or make them beneficial in following any discussions.

I sincerely hope that this post is not removed as my other one was.  

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

@ComcastKenF,

Have you contacted the "community manager" and/or the author of these changes to the forums.   Not only is it difficult to maneuver within a thread, but attempting to read threads with GREEN OUTLINED BOXES WITH SOLUTIONS INSERTED WITHIN A POST as an answer,  but those same green outlined boxes posted within the thread as the answer/solution.   Without the post numbering system that was removed, the threads are chaotic to say the least.  There is no flow.

Also missing from all threads was a very useful feature at the TOP and BOTTOM of each thread , please see image :

All forum topics~next topic~previous topic.PNG

I didn't get the entire line  it should read---    All forum topics         Next topic        Previous topic

While the "Back to Top"  has been very useful, especially where multiple pages lack a numbered bar at the bottom, the All forum topics, brought you to the top {edit}>  of the list of individual posts.  The Next topic and or Previous topic choices allowed a person to read multiple NEW posts within the forum.  

I still have not been able to view any posts in threads that go into multiple pages.  

ciao, bj

edited to add {of the list} for clarification  11/8/17  ~bj

Official Employee

Hi BlueJay, we have notified the community manager and will update this post once we have more information. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi BlueJay, we have notified the community manager and will update this post once we have more information. 

Hi ComcastAmir, thank you for your reply. I do look forward to remarks from the community manager.  

ciao, bj

Bronze Problem Solver

Page navigation within a thread has returned!!!!

Still waiting for linking to a individual post and post numbering to return  . .  .

Official Employee

mvenanzi wrote: Page navigation within a thread has returned!!!! Still waiting for linking to a individual post and post numbering to return  . .  .

Thank you for sharing this with us, I'm not sure if our developers are working on a fix for "post numbering or linking" but I am certain we are working out the kinks as we speak.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

I have a lot of things to be thankful for, on this day of Giving Thanks.   

But will not and can not give thanks for the confusion, chaos, uncoordinated, lackluster presentation of this new view of the forums.

It is impossible to follow a multi post thread without any sort of numbering system. 

Having the posters' name first and not the Thread Subject, is confusing.

Not seeing at a glance, the CREDENTIALS OF POSTERS, {as was shown in the past }  is quite a drawback.

The new Discussion Stats, has useless information, and on a real long thread, the row upon row of marble icons is ludicrous.

Just what exactly were the "developers" trying to accomplish with this "Not Ready for Prime Time" offering?

With that being said, 

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ciao, bj

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 6 in conversation