Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fishy bump in price

New Poster

Fishy bump in price

I have had Comcast ever since November 2016, there was never once an additional charge, so I recommended all my friends and coworker to join Comcast. Then I saw today's bill and there was an additional usage charge of $60 for additional usage. Mind you, the internet literally loads super slow, sometimes, it does not even work. I have work for a whole day, my daughter is at summer school. Only my husband and son at home, how can a kid watching youtube video use that much data? I called customer service and they did no help. I was NEVER informed of this charge when I signed up for the plan. The lady on the phone with me said "I don't know if anyone had ever informed you about this, but this policy is not new" like if it is not new then why did the person never tell me? Then, I asked if I am charged for next month, then she said "yes, $50 charge for additional usage for August. I am so done with comcast, you guys are fishy and basically scamming your own customer.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Fishy bump in price

Mnguyen5628 wrote: ... fishy and basically scamming your own customer.

It's what they do. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-plan/

Official Employee

Re: Fishy bump in price

Hi, Mnguyen5628. You can check your usage and read more about our data usage plans here. I can help troubleshoot your connection speeds and enroll you in our unlimited data option if you're interested. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation