Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

False promise to add non-existent cable package Comcast customers beware!!!

New Poster

False promise to add non-existent cable package Comcast customers beware!!!

I have been comcast customer for almost 20 years. I was on the internet + phone package for $49.99 + $10 for blast. My nightmare started on Wednesday (9/13/2017). Here is the sequence of events:

Customer service #1 (9/13): Calls me on my cell and promises me HD 140 channel package for 12 months for $10 extra.I accept it thinking a great deal.

Technical person (9/17): Comes to my house to connect new cable box, but finds only SD channels coming with basic channel package and asks me to call customer server (closed on Sunday).

Custmer service #2 (9/18): Called the customer service & was told I was given wrong information and the package is $95 and not $70. Also to view basic channels in HD I will have to pay $9.99 per month extra. Asked me to call another number 1-888-633-4266 to take care of the extra charge.

Customer service #3 (9/18): Called to discuss the issue. I was told that HD is now active & I just need to swap the box at local xfinity location for HD to work. I confirmed repeatedly that there will not be any other charge and swapping the box will take care of my issue.I asked if I can go back to my previous package but was told I cannot as they could not pull up that package anymore!

xfinity location (9/19): Customer service person at xfinity tells me that I was given wrong information and that my old box can receive HD. He swapped out with new box but told me that HD is not active on my account & there will be charge 9.99 per month!!! I told him I was told by earlier customer service person that there will not be any charge. He could not do anything about it.

Customer service #4 (9/19): They cannot remove 9.99 charge and escalated to supervisor.

Supervisor (9/19): He could not do anything either and only customer solutions department can handle such requests.

Customer solution (9/19): They cannot remove 9.99 charge. So, even when it was their problem and explaining her that I have been long time customer and spend 8-10 hours, there was no resolution. 

The worst service I have received from anybody. period. Asked if I can escalate this to district manager & was told there is no such position and they are the ones who takes the decisions. No wonder the service has gone down in years because of incompetent management. Hope my experience helps somebody to not fall into false promisses by comcast. Oh also, each & every customer service person asked for my email so that they can confirm what I was told but have not received a single email from them. So, don't believe when they say that they are adding details in the account. I found out that they only add details suiting them.  

Official Employee

Re: False promise to add non-existent cable package Comcast customers beware!!!

Hi KRIPYA,

Sorry for the experience you received while trying to get this taken care of. To clarify, we cannot and do not waive the $9.99 HD Tech Fee charge. This is not a fee that is imposed by Comcast and is required for every customer who wishes to receive HD programming. The only time you will not be charged for the HD Tech fee is if the cost is included in the package you are agreeing to.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation