Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

FRAUDULENT SERVICE CHARGES! COMCAST LIES!

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

FRAUDULENT SERVICE CHARGES! COMCAST LIES!

DON’T BELIEVE COMCAST IF THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU WON’T BE CHARGED FOR A SERVICE VISIT
On Sept. 22, 2017, my internet service went out. After checking my modem and router and doing the usual troubleshooting things, I decided to call Comcast. After an aggravating two hours of trying to talk to a human being, I gave up. The next day, I finally get a call back from Comcast. I explained my situation, and after troubleshooting again, I was told a service person would need to come out. I asked if I was going to be charged for this visit and I was told that I would not be, as long as the problem was on their end and not with my equipment, e.g. my modem, router, cables, etc. As it turns out, the problem had to do with a technician disconnecting my internet in order to connect my neighbor. Seeing as how that has absolutely nothing to do with anything on my end, you can imagine my shock when I discovered I had been charged $60 for the visit anyway. <BR />After contacting Comcast to resolve this fraudulent charge, I was told that they had to do a “review”. Fast forward one week and I was told that they don’t refund service charges. I’ve done a little research and it turns out that Comcast has been fined repeatedly in the past for its fraudulent charges. This is unacceptable
Accepted Solution

Re: FRAUDULENT SERVICE CHARGES! COMCAST LIES!

Public post, needed to be private
View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Fraudulent service charges!

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: FRAUDULENT SERVICE CHARGES! COMCAST LIES!

New Poster

Does anyone know what to say or do it get the TV services taken off the Overview page for an Internet Only plan.  The Customer service reps will tell you 50 times you aren't being charged for TV service, but they act like you are speaking an unknown language when you tell them you are being charged Broadcast TV fees, Regional Sports Fees, and other TV fees.  It's like they are hoping you'll agree with them that since you aren't getting charged for TV Service there isn't an issue!  If they just removed TV from the Services received you wouldn't be charged for  those TV fees..I feel like I'm asking somoene in North Korea to denounce Kim Jong Un..they just keep telling me I'm not being billed for TV service and that I'm not making sense!

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation