Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Existing Customer Rates

Regular Visitor

Existing Customer Rates

So, I have Blast Internet + Digital Starter cable and, for the longest time I paid less than $110 per month for it. As recently as March, I paid $84.29 per month for this package. Apparently, the promo for it must have ended, as the price went up to $180 per month . I have grown tired of being forced by Comcast's policies to play the promo game every 12 months or so by having to call and renegotiate each year when a promo ends and the price gets jacked way up. So, I decided that I wanted to do internet-only through Comcast and just use Netflix plus possibly Sling TV or Hulu to watch movies and some tv shows.

So, I spent some time on the phone with a Comcast rep to try to change my service from Blast Internet + Digital Starter to an internet-only service (not necessarily Blast but was open to a variety of internet options) but, couldn't get an offer that I thought was acceptable. So, I turned to chatting online with a Comcast rep and, unfortunately, ran into the same issue and was told to call the Comcast Customer Solutions department on Monday to discuss my service and what I want to do with it.

Looking online, Comcast offers an internet only package for their Performance Internet (25 Mbps download) for $34.99 for 12 months. However, this package is apparently for "new customers only". If I as an existing customer want this exact same package/plan, Comcast wants me to pay $66.95 per month. Why should an existing customer of 2+ years pay almost 200 percent more than a new customer for the exact same service/plan? Why does Comcast consistently provide worse deals and promos for their existing customers than new customers?

You would think Comcast would value their existing customer base but we are consistently being treated like 2nd-class citizens in comparison to the new customers that they want to lure to Comcast (despite Comcast customer service reps' denial that it is the case).

Regular Visitor

Re: Existing Customer Rates

Anything you can do here, Comcast?

Regular Visitor

And, one last try..........

Official Employee

Hi net_worth, we definitely appreciate you as a customer, and I can assist going over current promotions I have with you. Please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address on account and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation