Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error While trying to pay my bill

Regular Visitor

Error While trying to pay my bill

Hi,

I can sign in to my account but as soon as I try to view or pay my bill I get a popup that says  "Sorry A communication error has occurred.  We have been notified and are looking into the issue."  I have tried three different browsers and two different operating systems and in all cases I get the same error.  I was able to pay this months bill over the phone but I would like this fixed so I can continue to pay my bills on line in the future.  I used your chat like to report this problem and they assured me that it was fixed but it still doesn't work.  Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error While trying to pay my bill

Same exact thing has been happening to me for a week now.  Oddly enough, the "sign up for automatic payment" message is always present.  I wouldn't put it past Comcast to jack up the online payment feature as a means to get customers to sign up for automatic payments.  Then they can just have access to your money whenever they want.  Oh, and if the make a mistake, good luck trying to prove it and get your money back.  

Official Employee

Hi travtek, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I too am having the exact same problem - also for over a week. No reason why comcast reply shouldn't be public on this. Hopefully their solution isn't "sign up for auto-pay". Either way, it would be nice to fix it, so nobody gets delinquent charges! Also, if (since) this appears to already be a known issue, why not post it on the site where the trouble is occuring, so we don't have to keep checking over and over (and over and over) and get the same error message? :-)

Thanks in advance for fixing it!

Frequent Visitor

THANK YOU!! It's like a scavenger hunt just to find out how to pay your bill.  Over a week for me too and still no answer. 

Official Employee

Hi travtek, thank you for working with me via private message and glad that after I sent a refresh to your account, you were able to access your bill.  If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Additionally if anyone else here is having issues when trying to view their bill but still able to log in to my account without error, please send me a private message with your account information.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I also am getting the same message about a communication error whenever I try to pay my bill (any browser). Is there a solution to this problem?

Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I also tried clicking the link for quick bill pay and get "Data service failure. Please try again. If the problem persists, please try again later. (MA-0009)"

New Poster

Hi Phil-- I'm having the same problem too. Can you refresh my account? Thank you.

Official Employee

Hi all, are you getting this error across multiple browsers when trying to pay your bill online?

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem and it's on multiple browsers.

Official Employee

Hi Rochalor,

Are you still having problems paying your bill online? If so, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation