Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

I have been fighting with this for months, and have spent hours with Comcast Customer Service.  I have made multiple calls, opened multiple chat's and still it's not resolved.  This is my last ditch effort here.   My request is simple - I want to add my personal email to my account.  When I attempt to add it, I get the message "Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account".    I have looked and don't see it anywhere on my account.  I have no other personal emails added to my account.  I can however login with this email, which takes me into my old inactive Comcast account that I had 5 years ago.   I can see my email in that old account, but there is no option to delete or edit it.  Maybe this is why I am getting that message?  All I want is my email added to my current account.   Something so simple should not be this difficult. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account

FYI - I finally got this resolved after reaching out to Comcast via Facebook.   I finally got a quick resolution, and no run-around.

Resolution was what I thought it was all along - Delete the email I was trying to use off of my old account.   Once that was done, I was able to add the email account to my new account without any problems.

View answer in context
New Poster

Does anybody check this forum?

Frequent Visitor

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have the same problem. "Email not Unique.Email already exists in the account" error when trying to enter a preferred email address. I've recently moved and spent too much time on the phone with Comcast already. They'd fixed this problem for me once, but it created another problem and when they fixed that, I lost my preferred email again. I like to switch to paperless billing, but won't do so unless I can enter my preferred email address.

Comcast - please read and reply to all of your customers posting in this forum. We need help.

Unfortunately your chat staff seem unable to do much, and we don't want to waste our lives on the phone with Comcast support. Maybe replying would help your dismal customer service rating. Just a thought.

New Poster

FYI - I finally got this resolved after reaching out to Comcast via Facebook.   I finally got a quick resolution, and no run-around.

Resolution was what I thought it was all along - Delete the email I was trying to use off of my old account.   Once that was done, I was able to add the email account to my new account without any problems.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation