Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Early termination fee

New Poster

Early termination fee

Whenever I set up my Xfinity services I specifically asked to not be placed into a contract agreement over the phone because I knew I was only going to live in Atlanta for 4 months. I asked this specifically so that I would not have to pay an Early Termination Fee, the "Agent" told me this would be no problem and that (she/he) would send me the agreement over. After 4 months I terminated my account with Xfinity because I moved and no longer had the services available. Then low and behold I get a letter stating that I owe the company a $340 ETF for just my internet services or that they would send it to collections. I have called 3 times trying to get this resolved but they call them valid charges, I know for a fact the apartment that I was in already has someone living in it with Xfinity services because I called my complex. So from what I understand the company is not only practicing predatory sales practices but they are also double dipping into our pockets after consistently giving me speeds of 15MBPS even though I paid for 100MBPS. Not only that the company was the only provider available and somehow the government does not consider this a "monopoly." Shameful behavior from the customer services representatives, sales staff, and management. Even AT&T doesn't lie to their customers this much. 

Official Employee

Re: Early termination fee

Hi wjhaney, when you sign up for services with Comcast you have the option to sign up for promotional services which requires a contract or you can sign up for our everyday pricing which has no contractual agreement. You only get charged an early termination fee if you're within your contract term and remove all services with Comcast. This agreement or contract would have to of been signed or approved by you via email or phone verification. I can look into your agreements and clarify any information if you'd like, if so please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation