Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Early Termination Fees

New Poster

Early Termination Fees

I'm sure there have been tons of posts about this, but the ETF are complete BS.  I understand that Comcast does not service every area of the country, but they should be more understanding when people move.  And $240 is absolutely outrageous.  This is the kind of thing that gets them rated so low in customer service.  Not only that, but the person I was speaking with refused to escalate the situation, which only made it worse.  

Edit: Is there anything that can be done about this?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Early Termination Fees

You agreed to the ETF when you signed up. If you break the contract, you owe the ETF, no exceptions other than military.

New Poster

I have had Comcast for almost 3 years.  My 2 year contract expired almost a year ago but Comcast is still trying to charge an Early Termination Fee - in my case it's $450, and in addition they're attempting to charge me $865 for equipment that I returned and I have receipts for.  I have tried to determine how Comcast calculates early termination fees.  The only info I could find states it's $10 for every month remaining on the contract.  Does that mean I stil have nerly 4 years left on my contract?

Official Employee

Hi jrj181,  like barbie123 stated above the only exception is for military orders. Customers receive a special price or offer in exchange for agreeing to keep the service for a certain period of time. Since the original agreement of the duration of service could not be maintained at the new address, the Early Termination Fee is applicable

Hi MikeTheHammer2, I can review the agreement and the equipment on your account for you. Please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation