Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Early Termination Fees with no contract

New Poster

Early Termination Fees with no contract

I was in the process of moving and called early on to discuss possibly transferring my service.  Unfortunately, Comcast is not in my area.  I was escalated on this phone call because they were having trouble finding my new address, blah blah blah.  Anyway, the person I spoke with indicated that she would take me out of my current contract so that I would not have any issues with cancelling my service.

So, I called about a month in advance and set my cancellation date.  I had to re-explain my situation, they had to look up my address again, etc. but finally agreed that I indeed needed to cancel.  So, the date was set.  Well, on that date, all my services were still active.  So, I called again and had to go through the entire thing again.  A few days later, my services were still active.  So, I call 2 more times, finally getting a gal that seemed to know something, I think.  My services were finally cancelled.  However, in the meantime, I had received a bill for the next cycle, which of course, I would not be using the service.  The gal stated that I should just wait for my final bill because it would be prorated and I likely would not owe that much.  In fact, she stated that they likely would need to refund me some money!!  In the 3-4 phone calls regarding my move and cancellation, not one person said anything to me about ETF fees.  

So, I get the final bill and sure enough, it says I'm owed a little over $30.  So, through a chat, I asked about the process for that and wanted to ensure they have my address.  In that conversation, she says I owe over $150!!  What?  She stated that there was a charge of $180 for ETF, minus the $30 refund.  What?  In my 5 conversations with Comcast, not one person said anything about ETF fees.  Plus, the very first gal took me out of my contract, supposedly, so that I wouldn't have problems!  At this point, my situation is apparently being 'escalated', but I still haven't heard anything back.  I am not holding out hope.  

I love Comcast service, but customer service has been so frustrating!

Official Employee

Re: Early Termination Fees with no contract

Hello @jblair2000. I can assist in reviewing the ETF's you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation